This research was supported by Grant #0620602 from the National Science Foundation to the first author.
Message Derogation and Self-Distancing Denial: Situational and Dispositional Influences on the Use of Denial to Protect Against a Threatening Message1
Article first published online: 21 DEC 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 41, Issue 12, pages 2816–2836, December 2011
How to Cite
THOMPSON, S. C., ROBBINS, T., PAYNE, R. and CASTILLO, C. (2011), Message Derogation and Self-Distancing Denial: Situational and Dispositional Influences on the Use of Denial to Protect Against a Threatening Message. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 41: 2816–2836. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.2011.00855.x
- Issue published online: 21 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 21 DEC 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!