The authors thank all of the youth who participated in this research, and the staff and administrators who allowed us to come into their facilities to conduct the research. Participating institutions include China Spring/Aurora Pines Youth Camp, Minden, Nevada; Caliente Youth Center, Caliente, Nevada; McLaughlin Youth Center, Anchorage, Alaska; Juvenile Corrections Center–St. Anthony, St. Anthony, Idaho; and Hillcrest Youth Correctional Center, Salem, Oregon. We would also like to thank Shawn Marsh and Tusty Zohra for their help with coding.
Perceived Support, Belonging, and Possible Selves Strategies Among Incarcerated Juvenile Offenders1
Article first published online: 21 DEC 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 42, Issue 5, pages 1218–1240, May 2012
How to Cite
CLINKINBEARD, S. S. and MURRAY, C. I. (2012), Perceived Support, Belonging, and Possible Selves Strategies Among Incarcerated Juvenile Offenders. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 42: 1218–1240. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.2011.00884.x
- Issue published online: 14 MAY 2012
- Article first published online: 21 DEC 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!