This research was made possible, in part, by grants from the National Security Studies Center, University of Haifa, to the first author. An earlier version of this article was presented at the annual meeting of the International Association of Political Psychology, July 2006, Barcelona, Spain. The authors thank Daniel Bar-Tal, Israel Waismel-Manor, and David W. Nickerson for their helpful suggestions and valuable comments on earlier drafts of the article. The authors also thank Barbara Doron for her English editing of the paper.
In Love With Hatred: Rethinking the Role Hatred Plays in Shaping Political Behavior1
Article first published online: 6 AUG 2012
© 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 42, Issue 9, pages 2231–2256, September 2012
How to Cite
HALPERIN, E., CANETTI, D. and KIMHI, S. (2012), In Love With Hatred: Rethinking the Role Hatred Plays in Shaping Political Behavior. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 42: 2231–2256. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.2012.00938.x
- Issue published online: 3 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 6 AUG 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!