This research was sponsored in part by two grants of The Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO) awarded to Bianca Beersma (Grant 451.04.100) and Gerben van Kleef (Grant 451.05.010). The authors thank Joyce Jacobs and Judith Janssens for their help with the data collection.
Why People Gossip: An Empirical Analysis of Social Motives, Antecedents, and Consequences†
Version of Record online: 1 NOV 2012
© 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc
Journal of Applied Social Psychology
Volume 42, Issue 11, pages 2640–2670, November 2012
How to Cite
Beersma, B. and Van Kleef, G. A. (2012), Why People Gossip: An Empirical Analysis of Social Motives, Antecedents, and Consequences. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 42: 2640–2670. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-1816.2012.00956.x
- Issue online: 16 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 1 NOV 2012
- Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO). Grant Numbers: 451.04.100, 451.05.010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!