Evaluation of the Appropriate Diagnostic Threshold of Waist Circumference for the Cardiometabolic Syndrome in Chinese Uygur Adults
Article first published online: 13 APR 2009
© 2009 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of the CardioMetabolic Syndrome
Volume 4, Issue 2, pages 120–125, Spring 2009
How to Cite
Lu, Q., Xie, Z., Zhang, H. and Ren, J. (2009), Evaluation of the Appropriate Diagnostic Threshold of Waist Circumference for the Cardiometabolic Syndrome in Chinese Uygur Adults. Journal of the CardioMetabolic Syndrome, 4: 120–125. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-4572.2008.00045.x
- Issue published online: 13 APR 2009
- Article first published online: 13 APR 2009
- Manuscript received April 7, 2008; revised August 23, 2008; accepted August 28, 2008
- 2International Diabetes Federation Press Conference. The IDF consensus worldwide definition of the metabolic syndrome, 2005. http://www.idf.org/webdata/docs/IDF_Metasyndrome_definition.pdf . Accessed Xxx xx, xxxx.
- 3Epidemiological survey of metabolic syndrome in Uygur adults in Urumqi. China J Mod Med. 2004;14:155–156., .
- 4Epidemiological survey of overweight and obesity in Uygur adults in Urumqi. China J Clin Rehabil. 2005;9:17–19., , .
- 5Coorperative Meta-analysis Group of China Obesity Task Force. Predictive values of body mass index and waist circumference to risk factors of related disease in Chinese adult population. Chin J Epidemiol. 2002;23:5–10.
- 9Matsu zawa yu ji. From visceral adipose to metabolic syndrome Prog Jpn Med. 2006;27(2):62–63.
- 10Prevalence of metabolic syndrome among Shanghai adults in China. Chin J Cardiol. 2003;31(12):909–912., , et al.
- 11Epidemiology and aetiology of metabolic syndrome. Foreign Med Sci Endocr Sect. 2002;22(5):280–281..
- 12The prevalence of obesity and metabolic syndrome in China. Mod Rehabil. 2001;5(7):12–14..
- 16Study of metabolic syndrome and its related components in elderly. Geriatr Health Care. 2000;6(4):177–180., , , et al.
- 17Causes and diagnosis of visceral adipose. Chin J Diabetes. 1997;4:231., .