Accelerated Cardiovascular Disease and Myocardial Infarction Risk in Patients With the Human Immunodeficiency Virus
Article first published online: 21 FEB 2008
2008 Le Jacq
Journal of the CardioMetabolic Syndrome
Volume 3, Issue 2, pages 93–97, Spring 2008
How to Cite
Sharma, T. S., Messiah, S., Fisher, S., Miller, T. L. and Lipshultz, S. E. (2008), Accelerated Cardiovascular Disease and Myocardial Infarction Risk in Patients With the Human Immunodeficiency Virus. Journal of the CardioMetabolic Syndrome, 3: 93–97. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-4572.2008.07635.x
- Issue published online: 2 MAY 2008
- Article first published online: 21 FEB 2008
- 1Heart disease and stroke mortality in the 20th century. In: WardJ, WarrenC, eds. Silent Victories: The History and Practice of Public Health in Twentieth Century America. Oxford, England: Oxford University Press; 2006., , , et al.
- 3Heart involvement in AIDS: a prospective study during various stages of disease. Eur Heart J. 1992;11:1452–1459., , , et al.
- 6Deaths: leading causes for 2003. Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2007;55(10):1–92., .
- 7Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Health, United States, 2005, With Chartbook on Trends in the Health of Americans. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics; 2005.
- 18Relationship between prolonged exposure to combination ART and myocardial infarction: effect of sex, age, and lipid changes. In: Program and abstracts of the 12th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections; February 2225, 2005; Boston, MA. Abstract., , , et al.
- 29Guidelines for the evaluation and management of dyslipidemia in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected adults receiving antiretroviral therapy: recommendations of the HIV Medicine Association of the Infectious Disease Society of America and the Adult AIDS Clinical Trials Group. Clin Infect Dis. 2003;37:613–627., , , et al.
- 30Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults. Executive summary of the third report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). JAMA. 2001;285:2486–2497.