Cardiometabolic Disease in Human Immunodeficiency Virus-Infected Children
Article first published online: 21 FEB 2008
2008 Le Jacq
Journal of the CardioMetabolic Syndrome
Volume 3, Issue 2, pages 98–105, Spring 2008
How to Cite
Miller, T. L., Grant, Y. T., Almeida, D. N., Sharma, T. and Lipshultz, S. E. (2008), Cardiometabolic Disease in Human Immunodeficiency Virus-Infected Children. Journal of the CardioMetabolic Syndrome, 3: 98–105. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-4572.2008.07651.x
- Issue published online: 2 MAY 2008
- Article first published online: 21 FEB 2008
- 1Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS and World Health Organization (WHO). AIDS epidemic update. http://data.unaids.org/pub/EPISlides/2007/2007_epiupdate_en.pdf. Published December 2007. Accessed December 14, 2007.
- 2National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. HIV infection in adolescents and young adults in the US. http://www.niaid.nih.gov/factsheets/hivadolescent.htm. Accessed August 13, 2007.
- 9Panel on Antiretroviral Guidelines for Adult and Adolescents. Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in HIV-Infected Adults and Adolescents. Washington, DC: Department of Health and Human Services in collaboration with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2006.
- 20Perinatal AIDS Collaborative Transmission Study-HIV Follow-Up After Perinatal Exposure (PACTS-HOPE) Group. Dyslipidemia among perinatally HIV-infected children enrolled in the PACTS-HOPE cohort, 1999–2004: a longitudinal analysis. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2006;41:453–460., , , et al; on behalf of
- 21Visceral adiposity and cardiac risk profiles in human immunodeficiency virus-1 infected children. EPAS. 2006;59:5523.132., , , et al.
- 46National Cholesterol Education Program. Report of the Expert Panel on Blood Cholesterol Levels in Children and Adolescents. Pediatrics. 1992;89(3, pt 2):525–584.
- 47Dietary Reference Intake for Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Vitamin D and Fluoride; Energy, Carbohydrate, Fiber, Fat, Fatty Acids, Cholesterol, Protein and Amino Acids. Washington, DC: Institute of Medicine, Food and Nutrition Board; 19972002.
- 48Dietary changes from the pre- to post-HAART eras in HIV-infected children. EPAS. 2007;61:6294.16., , , et al.
- 51American Heart Association. Exercise (physical activity) and children. http://www.americanheart.org/print_presenter.jhtml?identifier=4596. Accessed September 6, 2007.
- 54Primary prevention of cardiovascular disease in nursing practice: focus on children and youth. A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association Committee on Atherosclerosis, Hypertension, and Obesity in Youth of the Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young, Council on Cardiovascular Nursing, Council on Epidemiology and Prevention, and Council on Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Metabolism. Circulation. 2007;116:344–357., , , et al.
- 55MedlinePlus. High blood pressure. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/highbloodpressure.html. Accessed September 7, 2007.