At Home in the Field: From Objects to Lifecycles
Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2006, Issue 1, pages 138–143, September 2006
How to Cite
ZAFIROGLU, A. and ASOKAN, A. (2006), At Home in the Field: From Objects to Lifecycles. Ethnographic Praxis, 2006: 138–143. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2006.tb00042.x
- Issue online: 6 JAN 2009
- Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
- 1986 Introduction: Commodities and the Politics of Value. In The Social Life of Things: Commodities in Cultural Perspective A. Appadurai, ed. Pp. 3–62. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press.
- 1995 The sociology of consumption. In Acknowledging Consumption: A Review of New Studies. D.Miller, ed. Pp. 96–126. London : Routledge.
- 1981 The Meaning of Things: Domestic Symbols and the Self. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press. and
- 1979 The World of Goods. New York : Basic Books. and
- 1998 Biographical Objects: how things tell the stories of people's lives. London : Routledge.
- 1986 The Cultural Biography of Things. In The SocialLife of Things. A.Appadurai, ed. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press.
- 1992 Information and Communication Technologies and the moral economy of the household. In Consuming Technologies: Media and Information in Domestic Spaces. R.Silverstone and E.Hirsch eds. Pp. 15–31. London : Routledge. , and