The Cackle of Communities and the Managed Muteness of Market
Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2007, Issue 1, pages 21–35, October 2007
How to Cite
SHERRY, J. W. (2007), The Cackle of Communities and the Managed Muteness of Market. Ethnographic Praxis, 2007: 21–35. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2007.tb00060.x
- Issue online: 6 JAN 2009
- Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
- 1983 Imagined Communities: Reflectionson the Origin and Spread of Nationalism. London : Verso.
- 1991 Global ethnoscapes: notes and queries for a transnational anthropology. In Recapturing Anthropology: Working in the Present, ed. RGFox, pp. 191–210. Santa Fe , NM : Sch. Am. Res. Press.
- 2005 Social relationshipos in the modern tribe: product selection as symbolic markers. EPIC 2005 Proceedings. NAPA.
- 1994 Political Ecology. Journal of Political Ecology 1(1): 1–12. , and
- 1988 Why CSCW applications fail: problems in the design and evaluation of organizational interfaces. Proceedings of CSCW1988. ACM Press. .
- 1992 Faltering from ethnography to design. Proceedings of CSCW92. ACM Press. , and
- 1994 Cognition in the Wild. Cambridge University Press.
- 1999 Pandora's Hope: Essays on the Reality of Science Studies. Cambridge , MA : Harvard University Press.
- 2000 The Internet: An Ethnographic Approach. London : Berg. and
- 2003 New perspectives on ubiquitous computing from ethnographic study of elders with cognitive decline. Uhicomp 2003 . Springer. , , ,
- 1996 Talking about Machines. Cornell University Press.
- 1990 Governing the commons: the evolution of institutions for collective action. Cambridge University Press. .
- 2002 Supporting community and building social capital. Communications of the ACM 45(4): 37–39. .
- 2007 Homes as indexes of the ageing experience. MS in preparation. , and
- 1995 Transforming work collaboration, learning, and design. Communications of the ACM 38(9): 36–44.
- 2006 Compressed time, expanded space. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Anthropological Association, San Jose, CA.
- 2005 The life of the place: technology and communities. HCII 2005 Las Vegas, Nevada . , , , and
- Smith, Marc and PeterKollock, eds 1999 Communities in Cyberspace. Routledge.
- 1983 Office procedures as practical action: Models of work and system design. ACM Transactions on Office Information Systems, 1, 4, 320–328.
- 1995 Making work visible. Communications of the ACM 38(9): 56–64.
- 2004 Eavesdropping as normative behavior in a cardkc intensive care unit. JHQ online, Sept/Oct. 2004. http://www.nahq.org/journal/online/sep_oct/Eavesdropping_Normative.pdf. , and