Searching for the ‘You’ in ‘YouTube’: An Analysis of Online Response Ability
Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2007, Issue 1, pages 36–50, October 2007
How to Cite
LANGE, P. G. (2007), Searching for the ‘You’ in ‘YouTube’: An Analysis of Online Response Ability. Ethnographic Praxis, 2007: 36–50. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2007.tb00061.x
- Issue online: 6 JAN 2009
- Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
- 2007a YouTube fact sheet. http://www.youtube.com/t/fact_sheet, accessed 28 February 2007.
- 2007b YouTube fact sheet. http://www.youtube.com/t/fact_sheet, accessed 17 July 2007.
- 1971 Lenin and Philosophy and Other Essays. New York : Monthly Review Press.
- 2000 Tune In, Log On: Soaps, Fandom, and Online Community. Thousand Oaks , CA : Sage Publications.
- 1998 Introduction: Morality in Discourse. Research on Language and Social Interaction, 31(3&4): 279–294.
- 1981 Forms of Talk. Philadelphia : University of Pennsylvania Press.
- 2006 Will All of Us Get Our 15 Minutes On a YouTube Video?The Wall Street Journal. August 30, 2006. http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB115689298168048904-5wWyrSwyn6RfVfz9NwLk774VUWc_20070829.html?mod=rss_free, accessed 16 July 2007.
- 2006 Time's Person of the Year. You. Time. December 13, 2006. http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1569514,00.html,accessed 16 accessed 16 July 2007.
- 2006 Presentation, The Digital Youth Project (Panel: Youth, Culture and Power in the New Millenium: A Research Agenda for the Future). Celebrating the Institute for the Study of Social Change: Thirty Years of Research with a Conscience. University of California, Berkeley . October 20, 2006.
- International Telecommunication Union 2001 Digital Divide. http://www.itu.int/ITU-D/digitaldivide/, accessed 16 July 2007.
- Confronting the Challenges of Participatory Culture: Media Education for the 21st Century. http://www.projectnml.org/files/working/NMLWhitePaper.pdf, accessed 16 July 2007. , , , , and n.d.
- Terminological Obfuscation in Online Research. Handbook of Computer-Mediated Communication. SigridKelsey and Kirk St.Amant, Eds. Hershey , PA : IGI Global. In press
- 2007 Commenting on Comments: Investigating Responses to Antagonism on YouTube, presented at the Society for Applied Anthropology Conference, Tampa, Florida, March 31, 2007, http://web3.cas.usf.edu/main/depts/ANT/cma/Lange-SfAA-Paper-2007.pdf, accessed 16 July 2007.
- 2006 What is Your Claim to Flame. First Monday, 11(9). September 2006, http://www.firstmonday.org/issues/issue119/lange/index.html, accessed 16 July 2007.
- 1998 The Many Forms and Facets of Morality in Dialogue: Epilogue for the Special Issue. Research on Language and Social Interaction, 31(3&4): 465–473. and
- 2003 Reconceptualiting ‘Flaming’ and Other Problematic Messages. New Media Society 1(1): 69–94. and
- Pew Internet & American Life Project 2007 A Typology of Information and Communication Technology Users. http://www.pewinternet.org/pdfs/PIPICTTypology.pdf, accessed 16 July 2007.
- 1993 The Virtual Community: Homesteading on the Electronic Frontier. Reading and Menlo Park : Addis on-Wesley Publishing Company.
- 2007 YouTube Launches Revenue Sharing Partners Program, but no Pre-Rolls. TechCrunch. http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/05/04/youtube-launches-revenue-sharing-partners-program-but-no-pre-rolls/, accessed 7 September 2007.