Changing Diabetes Care for Good
How everyone stands to benefit from a better understanding and use of patients' perspectives and experiences of life with type 2 diabetes when designing and implementing treatment interventions
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2007, Issue 1, pages 91–103, October 2007
How to Cite
BROK-KRISTENSEN, M. (2007), Changing Diabetes Care for Good. Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings, 2007: 91–103. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2007.tb00065.x
- Issue published online: 6 JAN 2009
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Björk, Stefan, JaakkoTuomilethto and RhysWilliams, (ed) 2000 The Economics of Diabetes Care. An international perspective. Oxford : Blackwell Science.
- 2000 Actually I Don't feel that Bad”: Managing Diabetes and the Clinical Encounter. Medical Anthropology Quarterly 14(1): 28–50.
- 1988 Technologies of the Self. In L.H.Martin, H.Gutman & P. H.Hutton, ed. Technologies of the Self. A Seminar with Michel Foucault. Amherst : University of Massachusetts Press. 16–49.
- 1989 The Archeology of Knowledge. London : Routledge.
- 2006 Dying of diabetes. In The Lancet 368(9548): 1626–28.
- 2006 Sundhedsøkonomiske omkostninger og benefits ved behandling af diabetes mellitus i Danmark. Behandlerbladet vol. 23: 6–11. , and
- 2001 An Analytical Framework for Contrasting Patient and Provider Views of the Process of Chronic Disease Management. Medical Anthropology Quarterly vol. 15(3): 347–367. and
- 2007 Investigating and Supporting Health Management Practices of Individuals with Diabetes. In Proceedings of the 1st ACM SIGMOBILE international workshop on Systems and networking support for healthcare and assisted living environment. New York : ACM. 49–54. and
- 2006 Investigating Healfh Management Practices of Individuals with diabetes. Proceedings of the SIGCHI conference on Human Factors in computing system. New York : ACM Press. 927–936. and
- 1992 Governing the enterprising self. In PoulHeelas & PoulMorris, ed.. Governing the enterprising self. London : Routledge.
- 2004 The Relevance of Foucault and Bourdieu for Medical Anthropology: Exploring New Sites. Anthropology & Medicine 11(1): 3–10. and
- 2005 Situating Stress: Lessons from Lay Discourses on Diabetes. Medical Anthropology Quarterly 19(2): 171–193. , , and
- 2006 Integrating glucometers and digital photography as experience capture tools to enhance pateint understanding and communication of diabetes self-management. Personal and Ubiquitous Computing 11(4): 273–286. , and
- 1998 Medical Compliance as an ideology. Social Science and Medicine 27(12): 1299–1308.