Numbers may speak louder than words, but is anyone listening? The rhythmscape and sales pipeline management
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2007, Issue 1, pages 187–199, October 2007
How to Cite
CEFKIN, M. (2007), Numbers may speak louder than words, but is anyone listening? The rhythmscape and sales pipeline management. Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings, 2007: 187–199. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2007.tb00074.x
- Issue published online: 6 JAN 2009
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- 1986 Veiled sentiments: honor and poetry in a Bedouin society. Berkeley , University of California Press.
- 1996 Modernity at Large: Global Dimensions of Globalization. Minnesota Press.
- 2005 Once More with Feeling: Ethnographic Reflections on the Mediation of Tension in a Small Team of Call Centre Workers,” Gender, Work and Organizations, 12(5):420–439.
- 1991 Accounting for Rationality” Double-Entry Bookkeeping the Rhetoric of Economic Rationality,” Journal of American Sociology. 97(1):31–69. and
- 2004 Ambigious Traces, Mishearing and Auditory Space. In Hearing Cultures: Essays on Sound, Listening and Modernity. V.Erlmann, ed. Oxford , New York : Berg. Pp. 43–64.
- 2007 The Implications of Enterprise-wide Pipeline Management Tools for Organizational Relations and Exchanges, Group 1907 Conference Proceedings , Sanibel Island , FL , US , ACM. and ,
- 2001 Process Descriptions as Organisational Accounting Devices: The Dual Use of Workflow Technologies.” Group 1901 Conference Proceedings , Boulder , CO , USE , ACM.
- 2005 Places Sensed, Senses Placed: Towards a Sensuous Epistemology of Environments,” In Empire of the Senses: the Sensual Culture Reader, D.Howes, ed. Oxford , New York Berg. Pp. 179–191.
- 2004 Consuming Work, Producing Self: Market Discourse in Dispersed Knowledge Work. Anthropology. Philidelphia , Temple University. PhD.
- 1992 The Managed Heart Commercialization of Human Feelings. University of California Press.
- Howes, D. ed. 2005 Empire of the Senses: the Sensual Culture Header. Oxford , New York : Berg.
- 1995 Evolving with Notes: Organizational Change and Groupware Technology. Sloan Working Papers.
- 1996 Talking about machines: an ethnography of a modern job. Ithaca , N.Y. , ILR Press.