Reflective probes, primitive probes and playful triggers
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2007, Issue 1, pages 232–245, October 2007
How to Cite
LOI, D. (2007), Reflective probes, primitive probes and playful triggers. Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings, 2007: 232–245. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2007.tb00079.x
- Issue published online: 6 JAN 2009
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- 2007 Trust me: valuing human relationships in communication design practice. PhD Research. RMIT University, Melbourne Australia .
- 2004 What is Reflective Practice? Center for Reflective Community Practice. MIT. http://crcp.mit.edu/documents/whatis.pdf, accessed 8 March 2007.
- 1998 Empathic Design — User focused strategies for innovation. New Product Development. IBC Conference.
- 2007 How HCI Interprets the Probes. CHI 2007. San Jose, CA USA. , , and
- 1996 Authentic and Counterfeit Wholes. In The Wholeness of Nature: Goethe's Way of Science. Floris Books, New York , 3–26.
- 2002 Probing for Information. 2nd EQUATOR Conference. , , , , , , et al.
- 2003 Designing with care: Adapting cultural probes to inform design in sensitive settings. OZCHI 2003, 4–13. , , , , , , and
- 1973 Bimodal consciousness. Ornstein, R.E. (Ed.). The nature of human consciousness: a book of readings. W.H. Freeman, San Francisco .
- Equator Project. The EQUATOR Interdisciplinary Research Collaboration, http://www.equator.ac.uk, accessed 11 June 2004.
- 2006 Cultural Probes. Usability Technique series. http://www.infodesign.com.au/ftp/CulturalProbes.pdf, accessed 2 May 2007.
- 1999 Cultural Probes. Interactions 6:1, 21–29. , and
- 2004 Cultural Probes and the Value of Uncertainty. Interactions 11:5, 53–56. , , , &
- Domestic Probes, http://www.goldsmiths.ac.uk/interaction/probes.html, accessed 11 June 2007. , , , &
- 2002 Probing the Probes: Domestic Probes and the Design Process. 11th European Conference on Cognitive Ergonomics. , , , , &
- 2002 Probing the Probes. 7th Biennial Participatory Design Conference, Sweden. , , , , &
- 1999 A Modern Role for the Village Elders. CHI99. , , , , &
- 1999 Presence - new media for older people. Netherlands Design Institute, Amsterdam . &
- 2003 Technology Probes: Inspiring Design for and with Families. CHI03. , , , , , , et al.
- 2003 Methods for empathic design: Observing and probing. Designing Pleasurable Products and Interfaces Conference. , &
- 2002 Thinking model and tools for understanding user experience related to information appliance product concepts. Unpublished PhD, Helsinki University of Technology.
- 1997 Spark innovation through empathic design. Harvard Business Review 75:6, 102–112. , &
- 2000 Exploring paradox: Toward a more comprehensive guide. The Academy of Management Review; 25:4, 760–776.
- 2004 Document/Reflect/Create - Cultural Probes in Teaching and Leaming environments. PDC 2004, Vol. 2, CPSR, Toronto , Canada , 123–126.
- 2005 Lavoretti per bimbi: Playful Triggers as keys to foster collaborative practices and workspaces where people learn, wonder and play. PhD thesis, RMIT, Melbourne , Australia .
- 2007 Of Suitcases, Playful Triggers and Other Stories - Enabling Collaborative and Creative Practices in Post-Disciplinary Worlds. Enabling Innovation in Organizations: The Leading Edge, Kansas City , MO , October 26–27.
- 2004 A table, a box, friends and conversation: stimulating collaborative reflection. 3rd Carfax International Conference on Reflective Practice - Reflection as a catalyst for change. Gloucester, England, June 23–25. &
- 2006 Magritte and the pea: anomalous artefacts and the contexts they create, Working Papers in Art and Design, vol. 4 - The role of the context in the interpretation of artefacts and visual semantics in art and design research. &
- 2002 The Pea Project - Design Stimulus. Binder, T., Gregory, J. & I.Wagner (Eds) PDC02 -Participatory Design Conference 2002. CPSR, Malmö , pp. 415–417. , &
- 2006 Adaptive educational environments as creative spaces. Cambridge Journal of Education, 36:3, September, 363–381. and
- 2004 “Live like I do' - a PD case study using Cultural Probes”. Bond, A., Clement, A., deCindio, F., SchulerD. & P.van derBesselar (Eds), PDC 2004, Vol. 2, CPSR, Toronto , Canada , 191–194. , , , , &
- 2003 VÄINÖ - Taking user centred steps with probes. INCLUDE conference.
- 2002 Emphathy Probes. Participatory Design Conference 2002. , &
- 2000 Feeling Good - a case study of empathic design methods. NordiCHI. , &
- 2000 The Quiet In The Land: Resistance And Healing Through Art, Art Journal, 59:1 Spring, 8–10.
- 2005 Urban Probes. CHI05, ACM Press, 341–350. and
- 2005 User Centred Design. Project Nightingale, University of Sydney, Australia . http://praxis.cs.usyd.edu.au/~peterris/?Design+Process/User+Centred+Design, accessed 2 July 2007.
- 2000 Generative Tools for CoDesigning. In B.A.W.E.Scrivener (Ed.), Collaborative Design. Springer-Verlag London Limited, London .
- 2001 Virtuosos of the Experience Domain. IDSA Education Conference.
- 1959 Metamorphosis. Basic Books, New York .
- 1983 The Reflective Practitioner How Professionals Think in action. Temple Smith, London .
- 2007 Inside Your Users' Minds: The Cultural Probe. A List Apart. March 27. http://www.alistapart.com/articles/culturalprobe, accessed 15 May 2007.
- Univ. of Nottingham, Univ. of Lancaster & Univ. College London. Digital Care, http://www.equator.ac.uk/projects/digitalcare/, accessed 21 May 2005.
- 1999 Probing experiences. First international conference on Design & Emotion.
- 2006 The object of interaction. OzCHI1906, November 22–24, Sydney, Australia. , , , , and