The Secret Life of Medical Records: A Study of Medical Records and the People Who Manage Them
Article first published online: 21 JUL 2009
2008 American Anthropological Association
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2008, Issue 1, pages 51–63, November 2008
How to Cite
MARTIN, N. and WALL, P. (2008), The Secret Life of Medical Records: A Study of Medical Records and the People Who Manage Them. Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings, 2008: 51–63. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2008.tb00094.x
- Issue published online: 21 JUL 2009
- Article first published online: 21 JUL 2009
- 1995 Using video to re-present the user. Communications of the ACM, 38(5): 61–70. and
- 2005 Use of Computerized Clinical Support Systems in Medical Settings: United Stated, 2001–2003. Advance Data from Vital and Health Statistics, #354, March 15, 2005. and
- 2001 The electronic medical record and everyday medical work. Health Informatics Journal 7(3–4): 168–170. , , and
- 2000 Understanding the Paper Health Record in Practice: Implications for EHRs. Paper presented at Health Informatics Conference (HIC2000) Adelaide, Australia. Published in CD Proc. Health Informatics Conference (HIC2000)., Available from http:citeseer.ist.psu.edu469197.html.
- 2002 The Myth of the paperless office. Cambridge , Massachusetts : The MIT Press. and
- 2002 Analyzing Interaction: Video, ethnography and situated conduct. In Qualitative Research in Action. TimMay, ed. pp. 99–121. Thousand Oaks , CA : Sage Publications. and
- 1996 “Documents and Professional Practice: ‘bad’ organizational reasons for ‘good’ clinical records” Computer Supported Cooperative Work '96. Pp. 354–363. Cambridge , MA : ACM. and
- 2007 Electronic Medical Records Use by Office-Based Physicians and Their Practices: United States, 2006. In Advance Data from Vital and Health Statistics, CDC, #393 October 26, 2007. , , and
- 2005 Timing in the art of Integration: That's how the Bastille got stormed. Paper presented at Group 05, Sanibel Island, Florida, USA, November 6–9. , , , and
- 2007 Partnering with Clinical Providers to Enhance the Efficiciency of an EMR. Journal of Healthcare Information Management 21(1): 25–32. , , , , , , and
- 1994 Working with “Constant Interruption”: CSCW and the Small Office. In Computer Supported Cooperative Work '94. pp. 275–286. Cambridge , MA : ACM. , , , and
- 2006 Physicians, Patients and the Electronic Health Record: An Ethnographic Analysis. Annals of Family Medicine 4: 124–131. , , , , and
- 2005 Clinician Style and Examination Room Computers: A Video Ethnography. Family Medicine 37(4): 276–281. , , , and .
- Wallace, Tim, editor 2004 Tourism and Applied Anthropologists: Linking Theory and Practice. NAPA Bulletin 23. Washington , DC : American Anthropological Association.