The Translucence of Twitter
Version of Record online: 21 JUL 2009
2008 American Anthropological Association
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2008, Issue 1, pages 64–78, November 2008
How to Cite
ERICKSON, I. (2008), The Translucence of Twitter. Ethnographic Praxis, 2008: 64–78. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2008.tb00095.x
- Issue online: 21 JUL 2009
- Version of Record online: 21 JUL 2009
- 1955 Dynamics of Bureaucracy. Chicago , IL : University of Chicago Press.
- 1999 The Adoption and Use of ‘BABBLE’: A Field Study of Chat in the Workplace. Sixth European Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work (ECSCW'99), Copenhagen, Denmark, 1999, pp. 139–158. Kluwer Academic Publishers. , , and
- 2001 Backchannel: Whispering in Digital Conversation. 34th Hawaii International Conference on Systems Sciences (HICSS-34), Maui, Hawaii, 2001. Vol. 34, 4, pp. 4033. IEEE Computer Society. , et al.
- 2007 Identity Management: Multiple Presentations of Self in Facebook. 2007 International ACM Conference on Supporting Group Work (GROUP'07), Sanibel Island, FL, 2007, pp. 383–386. ACM. , and
- 1992 Portholes: Supporting Awareness in a Distributed Work Group. Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pp. 541–547. , and
- 2002 Social Translucence: Designing Social Infrastructures that Make Collective Activity Visible. Communications of the ACM 45(4), pp. 40–44. , et al.
- 2000 Social Translucence: An Approach to Designing Systems that Support Social Processes. ACM. Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction 7(1): 59–83. , and
- 2003 Social Translucence: Using Minimalist Visualizations of Social Activity to Support Collective Interaction. In Designing Information Spaces: The Social Navigation Approach. K.Hook, D.Benyon, and A.J.Munro, eds., Springer, pp. 17–42. , and
- 1959 Presentation of Self in Everyday Life. New York : Anchor Books.
- 1976 Network Sampling: Some First Steps. American Journal of Sociology 81(6): 1287–1303.
- 1984 Garfinkel and Ethnomethodology. Cambridge , UK : Polity Press.
- 2007 Corporate Blogging: Building Community through Persistent Digital Talk. 40th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-40), 2007. IEEE. , , and
- 2002 Social Translucence, Collective Awareness, and the Emergence of Place. pp. 1–6. Yorktown Heights , NY : IBM T. J. Watson Research Center. , and
- 1959 “Banana Time”: Job Satisfaction and Informal Interaction. Human Organization 18, pp. 158–168.
- 1957 Leadership in Administration. Berkeley , CA : University of California Press.
- 1986 Reducing Social Context Cues: Electronic Mail in Organizational Communications. Management Science 32(11): 1492–1512. , and