Design Rituals and Performative Ethnography
Article first published online: 21 JUL 2009
2008 American Anthropological Association
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2008, Issue 1, pages 128–145, November 2008
How to Cite
HALSE, J. and CLARK, B. (2008), Design Rituals and Performative Ethnography. Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings, 2008: 128–145. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2008.tb00101.x
- Issue published online: 21 JUL 2009
- Article first published online: 21 JUL 2009
- 2005 Performance Ethnography: The reenacting and Inciting of Culture. The Sage Handbook of Qualitative Research. N. K.Denzin and Y. S.Lincoln. London , Sage Publications.
- 1994 “Representations and Requirements: The Value of Ethnography in System Design.” Human-Computer Interaction 9: 151–182.
- 1962 How to Do Things with Words. Oxford , Clarendon Press.
- 2003 “Posthumanist Performativity: Toward an Understanding of How Matter comes to Matter.” Signs: Journal of Women in Culture and Society 28(3): 801–831.
- 1995 “Designing for work place learning.” AI & Society 9(2–3): 218–243.
- 1998 “Image Acts.” American Anthropologist 100(1): 22–32.
- 1997 Excitable Speech: A Politics of the Performative. London , Routledge.
- 2000 Video Card Game: An augmented environment for User Centred Design discussions. DARE 2000 on Designing augmented reality environments. and
- 2007 Design as Sociopolitical Navigation: a performative Framework for Action-Oriented Design. Mads Clausen Institute. Sønderborg, University of Southern Denmark. PhD dissertation.
- 1960 The Rites of Passage. Chicago , University of Chicago Press.
- 1958 The presentation of self in everyday life. Edinburgh , University of Edinburgh Social Sciences Research Centre.
- 1999 After ANT: complexity, naming and topology. Actor network theory and after. J.Law and J.Hassard, eds. Oxford , Blackwell Publishers: 256 s.
- 2006 The Real Problem: Rhetorics of Knowing in Corporate Ethnographic Research. Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference, American Anthropological Association. and
- 1995 The Mangle of Practice: Time, Agency, and Science. Chicago , University of Chicago Press.
- 1985 Between Theater and Anthropology. Philadelphia , University of Pennsylvania Press.
- 1988 Performance Theory. New York , Routledge.
- 1996 Betwixt and Between: The Liminal Period in Rites de Passage. Sosialantropologiske Grunntekster. T. H.Eriksen. Oslo , Norway , Ad Notam Gyldendal: 509–523.