The QAME of Trans-disciplinary Ethnography: Making Visible Disciplinary Theories of Ethnographic Praxis as Boundary Object
Article first published online: 21 JUL 2009
2008 American Anthropological Association
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2008, Issue 1, pages 218–233, November 2008
How to Cite
TUNSTALL, E. (2008), The QAME of Trans-disciplinary Ethnography: Making Visible Disciplinary Theories of Ethnographic Praxis as Boundary Object. Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings, 2008: 218–233. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2008.tb00107.x
- Issue published online: 21 JUL 2009
- Article first published online: 21 JUL 2009
- 1980 The Professional Stranger: an Informal Introduction to Ethnography. San Diego , CA : Academic Press.
- 2005 Intel anthropologists dig up vital information. MarketWatch, September 22.
- 2006 The Science Of Desire; As more companies refocus squarely on the consumer, ethnography and its proponents have become star players. Business Week (5 June 2006):98. , and
- 1994 Market-Oriented Ethnography: Interpretation Building and Marketing Strategy Formulation. Journal of Marketing Research 31(4): 484–504. , and
- 2000 History and Theory in Anthropology. New York : Cambridge University Press.
- 2005 Real to Reel . SF Weekly.Com (16 March) , http:www.sfweekly.com2005-03-16newsreal-to-reel. (accessed 5 September 2008).
- 2003. Brand Papers: In the eye of the beholder. Brand Strategy, September 10, 32.
- 1988 The Origin of Maiz de Ocho. American Anthropologist 90(3): 682–683.
- 2002 Understanding and Overcoming Resistance to Ethnographic Design Research. Interactions 9(3): 29–35.
- 2005 The Origin of Extinction. Anthropology & Humanism 30(1): 70–80.
- 1890 Indian Origin of Maple Sugar. American Anthropologist 3(4): 341–352.
- 2007 People Study Group Gets Technical. Electronic Engineering Times, June 11, 16.
- 2001 Prototyping is the Shorthand of Design. Design Management Journal 12(3): 35–42.
- 2005 Ethnography for Marketers: a Guide to Consumer Immersion. New York , NY : Sage Publications.
- 2003 Digital Ethnography: the next wave in understanding customer experience. Design Management Journal 14(2): 75–81. , and
- 2005 Introduction to Ethnographic Emergences. American Anthropologist 107(1): 1–4.
- 2007 Except from the book Manifesto of Transdisciplinarity, ed. International Center for Transdisciplinary Research. Place Published: SUNY Press. http:nicol.club.frciretenglishvisionen.htm (accessed 30 Jan 2008).
- 2006 Coming of Age in Ethnography. Gotoreport (April), http:www.gotomedia.comgotoreportapril2006comingofage.html.
- 1999 The “Re-emergence” of Ethnography in Industrial Design Today. In IDSA 1999 Design Education Conference. Chicago , IL : Industrial Designer's Society of America.
- 1997 Design Ethnography: Using Custom Ethnographic Techniques to Design New Product Concepts. In CHI 97. Atlanta , Georgia : CHI 97 Electronic Publications. , and
- 1989 Institutional Ecology, ‘Translations’ and Boundary Objects: Amateurs and Professionals in Berkeley's Museum of Vertebrate Zoology, 1907–39. Social Studies of Science 19(3): 387–420. and
- 2007 Anthropology as ‘Brand’: Reflections on Corporate Anthropology. In Colloquium on Interdisciplinarity and Society. Oxford University.
- 2008 Informing Our Intuition: Design Research for Radical Innovation. Rotman Magazine, 53–57.
- 2006 Next Up: Neuromarketing, the Scientist in Aisle 3. Toronto Star, May 7, D01.
- 2006 The Yin Yang of Ethnographic Praxis in Industry. In Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings, Portland, OR. Berkeley , CA : National Association for the Practice of Anthropology/University of California Press.
- 2008 Design Anthropology: What does it mean to your design practice? Adobe Design Center Think Tank (May 13), http:www.adobe.comdesigncenterthinktanktt_tunstall.html.
- 1999 Why We Buy: the Science of Shopping. New York : Simon and Schuster.
- 2006 Anthropology in Design: an old science makes a new impact on interior design. IIDA Perspectives (Spring), http:www.iida.org. .