Tracing the Arc of Ethnographic Impact: Success and (In)visibility of Our Work and Identities
Article first published online: 21 JUL 2009
2008 American Anthropological Association
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2008, Issue 1, pages 238–250, November 2008
How to Cite
FLYNN, D. K. and LOVEJOY, T. (2008), Tracing the Arc of Ethnographic Impact: Success and (In)visibility of Our Work and Identities. Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings, 2008: 238–250. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2008.tb00109.x
- Issue published online: 21 JUL 2009
- Article first published online: 21 JUL 2009
- 1998 Contextual design: Defining customer-centered systems. San Francisco , CA : Morgan Kaufmann Publishers. , &
- 2003 An ethnographic approach to design. The Human-Computer Interaction Handbook, eds Jacko, J.L. & Sears, A., 964–985. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates: New Jersey . , &
- 2000 Group dynamics meet cognition: combining socio-technical concepts and usability engineering in the design of information systems, in: E.Coakes, (et al) (eds..) The New Socio Tech: Graffitti on the Long Wall. London : Springer-Verlag, 2000, pp. 119–126.
- 2006 Implications for Design. Computer Human Interaction, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- 2007 The great leap forward: The birth of the usability profession (1988–1993), The Journal of Usability Studies, Vol. 2, Issue 2, February 2007, pp. 54–60.
- My Customers are Different!: Identity, Difference, and the Political Economy of Design. In Ethnography and the Corporate Encounter: Reflections on Research In and Of Corporations. M.Cefkin, ed. New York , Oxford : Berghahn Books. In Press
- 2008 Effectiveness through Partnerships. In Partnering for Organizational Performance, ElizabethK. Briody and RobertT. Trotter, II, eds., Lanham , MD : Rowman and Littlefield Publishers, Inc. and
- 1993 Usability Engineering. Academic Press, Boston .
- 2006 The Pure and the Impure? Reflections on Applying Anthropology and Doing Ethnography. In Applications in Anthropology: Professional Anthropology in the Twenty-first Century. S.Pink, ed. Pp. 72–89. Studies in Applied Anthropology. New York , Oxford : Berghahn Books.
- 1994 Making Sense of Making Sense; Frameworks and Organizational Perception. Design Management Journal, Winter 1994.
- 2002 Foreword: Ethnography, Design, and Customer Experience: An Anthropologist's Sense of It All, Squires, Sue and BryanByrne, eds., Creating breakthrough ideas. Westport : Bergin Garvey.
- 2007 Doing Anthropology in Consumer Research, Left Coast Press and