Now You See It, Now You Don't: Ethnography and Selective Visibility in the Technology Sector
Article first published online: 21 JUL 2009
2008 American Anthropological Association
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2008, Issue 1, pages 251–260, November 2008
How to Cite
GRANKA, L., LARVIE, P. and RIEGELSBERGER, J. (2008), Now You See It, Now You Don't: Ethnography and Selective Visibility in the Technology Sector. Ethnographic Praxis, 2008: 251–260. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2008.tb00110.x
- Issue published online: 21 JUL 2009
- Article first published online: 21 JUL 2009
- 2003 Designing culturally situated technologies for the home. Extended Abstracts of CHI 2003 , 1062–1063. , , , , and
- 2005 Making by making strange: defmailiarization and the design of domestic technologies. ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction, 12 (2), 149–173. , , and
- 2007 Yesterday?s tomorrows: Notes on ubiquitous computings dominant vision. Personal and ubiquitous computing, 11, 133–143. and
- 2002 Modern enchantments: the cultural power of secular magic. Cambridge : MIT Press.
- 1959 The presentation of self in everyday life. New York : Doubleday Press.
- 1963 Stigma: notes on the management of social identity. New York : Doubleday Press.
- 1989 The modernist city. Chicago : The University of Chicago Press.
- 2003 Customer portal research and design. Proceedings of DUX 2003, 1–4.
- 2007 Trivial technologies of effect in the home. Proceedings of Association of Architecture Schools Australasia Conference 2007. http:hdl.handle.net2100480, accessed 13 September 2008. and
- 2006 The experience of enchangment in human-computer interaction. Personal and ubiquitous computing, 10, 369–378. , , , and
- 1999 Design ethnography. Design management journal, 10 (4), 35–41. , , and
- 1993 Stigmas of the Tamil stage: an ethnography of special drama artists in South India. Durham : Duke University Press.
- 2007 Magical Beginnings of the Mundane. http:ww.mundanetechnologies.comgoings-onworkshopmelbournepapersSmithLewi.pdf, accessed 13 September 2008 and