Sustaining Stories: The Versatile Life of Sustained, In-house, Ethnographic Practice in a Global Software Company
Version of Record online: 21 JUL 2009
2008 American Anthropological Association
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2008, Issue 1, pages 261–273, November 2008
How to Cite
HANSON, N. D. and SARMIENTO-KLAPPER, J. W. (2008), Sustaining Stories: The Versatile Life of Sustained, In-house, Ethnographic Practice in a Global Software Company. Ethnographic Praxis, 2008: 261–273. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2008.tb00111.x
- Issue online: 21 JUL 2009
- Version of Record online: 21 JUL 2009
- Button, Graham. Editor 1993 Technology in Working Order. Studies of Work, Interaction, and Technology. London & New York : Routledge.
- 2004 Consuming Work, Producing Self: Market Discourse in Dispersed Knowledge Work. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Temple University, Philadelphia. .
- 2000 Technology in Action. Cambridge . Cambridge University Press ;
- 1998 Ethnography. Thousand Oaks . Sage Publications
- 1999 “It's Just a Matter of Common Sense: Ethnogrphay as Invisible Work”, Computer Supported Cooperative Work, Vol. 8, No. 1–2. pp. 127–145
- 1997 “People's accounts count: The sociology of accounts.” In J.Hagan and K. S.Cook (eds.), Annual Review of Sociology, 24: 455–478. Pale Alto , CA : Annual Reviews.
- 1996 Talking About Machines: An Ethnography of a Modern Job. Ithaca , NY : Cornell University Press.
- 1977 Reflections on Fieldwork in Morocco. Berkeley , CA . University of California Press
- 1989 “Institutional ecology, ‘translations’ and boundary objects: amateurs and professionals in Berkeley's Museum of Vertebrate Zoology.” Social Studies of Science 19(3) 387–420. , .
- 1987 Plans and Situated Actions: The problem of human-machine communication. New York : Cambridge University Press.
- 2000 Anthropology as “Brand”: Reflections on corporate anthropology, published by the Department of Sociology, Lancaster University. Retrieved from: http:www.comp.lancaster.ac.uksociologysoc0581s.html