“Name That Segment!”: Questioning the Unquestioned Authority of Numbers
Version of Record online: 15 DEC 2009
2009 American Anthropological Association
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2009, Issue 1, pages 81–91, August 2009
How to Cite
Flynn, D. K., Lovejoy, T., Siegel, D. and Dray, S. (2009), “Name That Segment!”: Questioning the Unquestioned Authority of Numbers. Ethnographic Praxis, 2009: 81–91. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2009.tb00130.x
- Issue online: 15 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 15 DEC 2009
- 1992 Segmentation Marketing: New Methods for Capturing Business Markets. New York, NY: Harper Collins. , &
- 2008 Why Good Segmentations Fail: Five Steps To Have Segmentations Drive Business - And Your - Success. Forrester Research. with ,
- 2007 About Face 3: The Essentials of Interaction Design. Indianapolis, Indiana: Wiley Publishing, Inc..
- 2004 The Inmates Are Running the Asylum: Why High Tech Products Drive Us Crazy and How to Restore the Sanity (2nd Edition), Pearson Higher Education.
- 2005 Gather customer's real usage on mobile phones. In Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices & Services (Mobile HCI), September 19–22, 2005, Salzburg, Austria. New York, NY: ACM. [doi>10.1145/1085777.1085828]. , &
- 2008 Joint cluster analysis of attribute data and relationship data: The connected k-center problem, algorithms and applications, July, ACM Transactions on Knowledge Discovery from Data (TKDD), Volume 2, Issue 2. , , , , , &
- 2001 Is something rotten in segmentation?: What's right, wrong, and downright rotten with segmentation. Marketing Research, Spring. Pages 21–25.
- 2009 The Consumer Product Strategist's Guide To Segmentation Analysis: Don't Leave Segmentation To The Market Research Department Alone. Forrester Research. with and
- 2008 User segmentation & UI optimization through mobile phone log analysis. In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services (Mobile HCI), September 2 - 5, 2008, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Pages 495–496. New York, NY: ACM. , , &
- 2004 Segmentation problems, March 2004, Journal of the ACM (JACM), Volume 51 Issue 2, Pages 263–280. , , &
- 2003 On fuzziness in relationship value segmentation: applications to personalized e-commerce, June, ACM SIGecom Exchanges, Volume 4 Issue 2, Pages 1–10. , &
- 1994 Market segmentation: using demographics, psychographics, and other niche marketing techniques to predict and model customer behavior. Chicago, IL.: Probus.