Designing for Turkish Users: Analyzing the Industrial Designer - User Relationship in Turkey
Version of Record online: 15 DEC 2009
2009 American Anthropological Association
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2009, Issue 1, pages 238–255, August 2009
How to Cite
Oygur, I. (2009), Designing for Turkish Users: Analyzing the Industrial Designer - User Relationship in Turkey. Ethnographic Praxis, 2009: 238–255. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2009.tb00142.x
- Issue online: 15 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 15 DEC 2009
- 2004 Rethinking Design Policy in the Third World. Design Issues 20(4):68–75.
- 2006 We We We All The Way Home: The “We” Effect in Transitional Spaces. EPIC 2006 Proceedings. , and
- 2007 Toward a Framework of Product Development for Global Markets: A User-value-based Approach. Design Studies 28(5):513–533.
- 2001 Human Dignity and Human Rights: Thoughts on the Principles of Human-Centered Design. Design Issues 17(3):35–39.
- 1998 Semiotic Proposals for Software Design: Problems and Prospects. Electronic document, http:www.ic.unicamp.br, /˜reltech/1998/98-10.pdf accessed April 5, 2009. , and ,
- 2009 A Creative Convergence of Modernity, Globalization and Tradition: Understanding Industrial Design in Turkey. Asia Design Journal 4(4):68–89.
- 1997 Development Patterns of Industrial Design in the Third World: A Conceptual Model for Newly Industrialized Countries. Journal of Design History 10(3):293–307.
- 2003 U.S. Involvement in the Development of Design in the Periphery: The Case History of Industrial Design Education in Turkey, 1950s-1970s. Design Issues 19(2):17–34. , and
- 1996 The Role of User Models in Product Design for Assessment of User Needs. Design Studies 17(1):19–33.
- Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA) 2009 ID Defined. Electronic document, http:www.idsa.org /absolutenm/templates/?a=89&z=23, accessed August 2, 2009.
- 2002 Users as a Hidden Resource of Creativity: Findings from an Experimental Study on User Involvement. Creativity and Innovation Management 11(1):55–61. , , and
- 2004 User Insights Tool: A Sharable Database for User Research Institute. Electronic document, http:trex.id.iit.edupaperskumariwips2004.pdf, accessed March 22, 2009.
- 1997 Getting Know the User. Design Studies 18(3):227–236.
- MarketingİST 2005 2000′li Yillarda Rekabette Tasarim ile Fark Yaratanlar Özel Sergisi Sergi Kataloǧu (The Catalog of Making Difference with Design in the 2000s Exhibition). Istanbul: Turkey, 27–30 October 2005.
- 2002 Visual Product Evaluation: Exploring Users' Emotional Relationships with Products. Applied Ergonomics 33:231–240. , , and
- 2002 The Design of Everyday Things. New York: Basic Books.
- Orientile 2009 Orientile Product Catalog. Electronic document, http:www.e-kale.com.trenprofessionalspdfOrientileKatalog.pdf, accessed May 10, 2009.
- 2006 Endustriyel Tasarimci-Kullanici Iliskisinin Turkiye Baglaminda Incelenmesi (Investigating Industrial Designer-User Relationship in the Turkish Context). M.Sc. Thesis, Department of Industrial Product Design, Istanbul Technical University.
- 2008 Configuring User-Designer Relations: Interdisciplinary Perspectives. Springer Publishing. , , , , , and
- 2006 Design Research in 2006. Design Research Quarterly 1(1):1–8.
- Schuler, Douglas, and AkiNamioka, eds. 1993 Participatory design: Principles and Practices. Hillsdale: Lawrence Erlbaum Associated, Inc.
- Utest 2009 UTEST Product Usability Unit. Electronic document, http:www.utest.metu.edu.trusiteng, accessed 18 May 2009.
- 2000 Ethnography in the Field of Design. Human Organization 59(4):377–388.