Back to the Future of Ethnography: Internal User Research at a Consumer Internet Company
Version of Record online: 16 NOV 2010
© 2010 by The American Anthropological Association. Some rights reserved.
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2010, Issue 1, pages 14–25, August-September 2010
How to Cite
MOED, A. (2010), Back to the Future of Ethnography: Internal User Research at a Consumer Internet Company. Ethnographic Praxis, 2010: 14–25. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2010.00003.x
- Issue online: 16 NOV 2010
- Version of Record online: 16 NOV 2010
- 1992 Ethnographically-Informed Systems Design for Air Traffic Control. Proceedings of the 1992 ACM Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work, November 1992, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. , , , , , and
- 1998 Contextual design: defining customer-centered systems. London : Academic Press. , and
- 2008 Now You See It, Now You Don't: Ethnography and Selective Visibility in the Technology Sector. Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings, Copenhagen, Denmark. Arlington , VA : American Anthropological Association. , , and
- 2008 Sustaining Stories: The Versatile Life of Sustained In-House Ethnographic Practice in a Global Software Company. Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings, Copenhagen, Denmark. Arlington , VA : American Anthropological Association. and
- 2005 Essential business process modeling. Sebastopol , California : O'Reilly Media.
- 2003 Observing the user experience: a practitioner's guide to user research. San Francisco : Morgan Kaufman Publishers.
- 2002 Located Accountabilities in Technology Production. Scandinavian Journal of Information Systems, 14(2), pp. 91–105.
- “Yes, Web Advertising Scales – If You Measure It Right. Advertising Age, Crain Communications, July 6, 2010. http://adage.com/digitalnext/post?article_id=144812, accessed 19 July 2010. ,
- “The Art of the Field Study. The Official Google Blog, November 6, 2008. http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/11/art-of-field-study.html, accessed 19 July 2010. ,
- Yahoo! 2009 Annual Report. Downloaded from http://yhoo.client.shareholder.com/annuals.cfm, accessed 1 July 2010.