Session 2: Pioneering the Path: ARMIN MOEHRLE, Curator: Becoming the Subject: A Comparison of Ethnographic and Autoethnographic Data for New Product Development
Article first published online: 16 NOV 2010
© 2010 by The American Anthropological Association. Some rights reserved.
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2010, Issue 1, pages 66–78, August-September 2010
How to Cite
SOLOMON, K. (2010), Session 2: Pioneering the Path: ARMIN MOEHRLE, Curator: Becoming the Subject: A Comparison of Ethnographic and Autoethnographic Data for New Product Development. Ethnographic Praxis, 2010: 66–78. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2010.00008.x
- Issue published online: 16 NOV 2010
- Article first published online: 16 NOV 2010
- 1982 Toward an Ethnographic Language. American Anthropologist, Issue 84, 1982, pages 779–795.
- 2006 On Apples, Oranges, and Autopsies: A response to commentators. Journal of Contemporary Ethnography, Issue 35, 2006, pages 450–465.
- 1986 Writing Culture: The Poetics and Politics of Ethnography. Berkeley , California . University of California Press. and
- 2007 The place of the personal in qualitative research. Qualitative Researcher, 4: 1.
- 2007 Arguments against Auto-Ethnography. Qualitative Researcher, 4:2–4.
- 2006 Pushing the Boundaries of Ethnography in the Practice of Market Research. In Handbook of Qualitative Research Methods in Marketing, edited by Russell W.Belk, Cheltinham , UK : Edward Elgar, pp. 430–439.
- 2003 Business Anthropology. Long Grove , Illinois . Waveland Press, Inc.
- 2009 Working in Corporate Jungles: Reflections on Ethnographic Praxis in Industry. Chapter 4 in: Ethnography and the Corporate Encounter: Reflections on Research In and Of Corporations. MelissaCefkin, ed. New York . Berghahn Books.
- 2006 Ethnography for Marketers: A guide to consumer immersion. Thousand Oaks , California . Sage Publications, Inc.
- 2006 The Real Problem: Rhetorics of Knowing in Corporate Ethnographic Research. Ethnographic Praxis In Industry Conference Proceedings, pp. 244–258. and
- 2002 Doing the Work: Customer Research in the Product Development and Design Industry. Chapter 6 in: Creating Breakthrough Ideas: The Collaboration of Anthropologists and Designers in the Product Development Industry. SusanSquires and BryanByrne, eds. Westport , Connecticut : Bergin & Garvey.
- 1989 The Taste of Ethnographic Things: The Senses in Anthropology. Philadelphia : University of Pennsylvania Press.
- 2007 Doing Anthropology in Consumer Research. Walnut Creek , California . Left Coast Press, Inc. and