“Ethnography of Ethnographers” and Qualitative Meta-Analysis for Business
Version of Record online: 16 NOV 2010
© 2010 by The American Anthropological Association. Some rights reserved.
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2010, Issue 1, pages 100–112, August-September 2010
How to Cite
KAPLAN, J. and MACK, A. (2010), “Ethnography of Ethnographers” and Qualitative Meta-Analysis for Business. Ethnographic Praxis, 2010: 100–112. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2010.00010.x
- Issue online: 16 NOV 2010
- Version of Record online: 16 NOV 2010
- 2008 The Space Between Mine and Ours: Exploring the Subtle Spaces Between the Private and the Shared in India. Ethnographic Praxis In Industry Conference Proceedings, (November 2008): 175–191.
- 2008. Conducting a meta-ethnography of qualitative literature: Lessons learnt. BMC Medical Research Methodology. 8:21. , et al
- 1993 Sociology in Question. Thousand Oaks , CA : Sage Publications.
- 1992 An Invitation to Reflexive Sociology. Chicago : University of Chicago Press. and .
- 2002 Using meta ethnography to synthesise qualitative research: a worked example. J Health Serv Res Policy 7:209–215. , , , , ,
- 2006 The Researcher Interview: A Reflexive Perspective. Qualitative Research in Organizations and Management: An International Journal 1 (1): 41–55. and
- 2003 Evaluating meta-ethnography: a synthesis of qualitative research on lay experiences of diabetes and diabetes care. Social Science Medicine, 56:671–684. , , , , , , :
- 2007 Numbers may speak louder than words, but is anyone listening? The rhythmscape and sales pipeline management. Ethnographic Praxis In Industry Conference Proceedings, (October 2007): 187–199.
- 2009 Flexibility and the Curatorial Eye: Why and How Well-Documented Fieldwork Sustains Value Over Time. Ethnographic Praxis In Industry Conference Proceedings, (September 2009): 72–80. , and
- 1990 Generalizability and the Single-case Study, in E.W.Eisner and A.Peshkin, (eds) Qualitative Inquiry in Education: The Continuing Debate, pp. 175–200. New York : Teachers College Press.
- 2003 Synthesis through Meta-Ethnography: Paradoxes, Enhancements, and Possibilities. Qualitative Research. 3 (3): 321–344.
- 1998 On the Subject of Interpretive Reviews, Review of Educational Research 68 (4): 391–400.
- 2005 Software Reuse Research: Status and Future. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering 31 (7): 529–536. , and
- 2008 Meta-Analysis. Gale Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences, Vol. 5, 2nd Ed. Detroit : Macmillan Reference.
- 1976 Primary, Secondary, and Meta-analysis Research, Educational Researcher 5 (10): 3–8.
- 1967 Interaction Ritual. New York : Anchor.
- 1998 Doing a Literature Review: Releasing the Social Science Research Imagination. Sage Publications, London .
- 1988 The Pasteurization of France. Cambridge : Harvard University Press.
- 1984 Summing Up: the Science of Reviewing Research, Harvard University Press, Cambridge , MA . and .
- 2006 Keynote Address: Ethnography and the “Extra Data” Opportunity. Ethnographic Praxis In Industry Conference Proceedings, (September): 1–3.
- 1998 Threads of a New Language: A Response to Eisenhart's “On the Subject of Interpretive Review”, Review of Educational Research 68 (4): 401–8.
- 1988 Meta-Ethnography: Synthesizing Qualitative Studies. Qualitative Research Methods Series 11. A Sage University Paper. Newbury Park , CA and London , UK : Sage Publications. and .
- 1993 Building Explanations across Case Studies: A Framework for Synthesis, paper prepared for the Curriculum Reform Project. Colorado University: Boulder. (ERIC Document Reproduction Service No. ED 373 115.).
- 1983 Types of Synthesis and their Criteria, in S.Ward and L.Reed, (eds) Knowledge Structure and Use: Implications for Synthesis and Interpretation, pp. 343–62. Philadelphia : Temple University Press. and
- 2004 Meta-Analysis: Overview. Elsiever International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences, pp. 9717–9724.
- 1983 Introduction, in S.Ward and L.Reed, (eds) Knowledge Structure and Use: Implications for Synthesis and Interpretation, pp. 1–18. Philadelphia : Temple University Press. and
- 2004 Researching Researchers: Lessons for Research Ethics. Paper presented to the BSA Medical Sociology Conference, York. , , and