The Way to Design Ethnography for Public Service: Barriers and Approaches in Japanese Local Government
Version of Record online: 16 NOV 2010
© 2010 by The American Anthropological Association. Some rights reserved.
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2010, Issue 1, pages 274–286, August-September 2010
How to Cite
AMAGASA, K. (2010), The Way to Design Ethnography for Public Service: Barriers and Approaches in Japanese Local Government. Ethnographic Praxis, 2010: 274–286. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2010.00024.x
- Issue online: 16 NOV 2010
- Version of Record online: 16 NOV 2010
- 2002 The Local Government Ethnography (in Japanese), Tokyo : Sinzansya.
- 2008 Designing the social survey platform for local citizens (in Japanese), Nagoya : The Japan Society for Socio-Information Studies, Conference Paper.
- Bisgaard, Tanja and CasperHogenhaven, (eds.) 2010 Creating new concepts, products and services with user driven innovation, http://www.foranet.dk/media/14052/nice_userdriveninnovation_final.pdf, accessed 22 July 2010.
- 2005 The World Cafe: Shaping Our Futures Through Conversations That Matter, San Francisco : Berrett-Koehler. and
- 2003 The role of structured observational research in health care, Qual Saf Health Care 12(Suppl II): ii13–ii16.
- 2003 Gender and the Welfare State: Care, Work and Welfare in Europe and the USA, Polity Press. and
- Design Council 2008 The Role of Design in Public Services, Design Council Briefing Nov. 2008, http://www.designcouncil.org.uk/our-work/Insight/Research/Research-Briefings/The-role-of-design-in-public-services/, accessed 10 Aug 2010.
- 2009 When the People Speak: Deliberative Democracy and Public Consultation, London : Oxford University Press.
- 2009 The Disaster Ethnography (in Japanese), Tokyo : NHK press. et al.
- Improvement and Development Agency 2009 More Than Good Ideas: The Power of Innovation in Local Government, http://www.idea.gov.uk/idk/aio/9524940 (PDF, accessed 22 July 2010.
- 1998 Challenge to Welfare mix society (in Japanese), Tokyo ; ChuoKeizai-Sya. and
- 2006. The Real Problem: Rhetorics of Knowing in Corporate Ethnographic Research, Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings, pp.244–258. and ,
- Nomura Research Institute 2008 Navigator of the Public Support Service Market, http://www.nri.co.jp/publicity/mediaforum/2008/forum75.html, accessed 22 July 2010.
- 1989 The Great Good Place: Cafes, Coffee Shops, Community Centers, Beauty Parlors, General Stores, Bars, Hangouts, and How They Get You Through the Day. New York : Paragon House. ,
- Wise, Emily and CasperHogenhaven, (eds.) 2008 User-Driven Innovation: Context and Cases in the Nordic Region, http://www.foranet.dk/media/4761/user-driven_innovation_2008.pdf accessed 20 June 2010.