Function and Change in China: Reviving Mauss’“total social fact” to gain knowledge of changing markets
Article first published online: 3 MAR 2013
© 2012 by The American Anthropological Association. Some rights reserved.
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2012, Issue 1, pages 39–47, October 2012
How to Cite
LIESKOVSKY, M., RAMSEY-ELLIOT, M. and HILL, C. (2012), Function and Change in China: Reviving Mauss’“total social fact” to gain knowledge of changing markets. Ethnographic Praxis, 2012: 39–47. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2012.00006.x
- Issue published online: 3 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 3 MAR 2013
- 1998 Neofunctionalism and After: Collected Readings. Malden , MA : Blackwell. ,
- 1997 Suicide: A Study in Sociology. Ed. George Simpson. New York : Free Press.
- 1995 Elementary Forms of Religious Life. Trans. Karen E. Fields. New York : Simon and Schuster.
- 1982 The Rules of Sociological Method and Selected Texts on Sociology and its Method. Ed. Steven Lukes. New York : Free Press.
- 1997 “Deep Play: Notes on the Balinese Cockfight,” in The Interpretation of Cultures New York : Basic.
- 1998 “A Vague But Suggestive Concept: The ‘Total Social Fact.” Marcel Mauss: A Centenary Tribute. New York : Berghahn.
- 2000 The Gift: The Form and Reason for Exchange in Archaic Societies. Trans. W.D. Halls. New York : W.W. Norton.
- 1989 Agents and Victims in South China: Accomplices in Rural Revolution. New Haven : Yale.
- 1996 The Flow of Gifts: Reciprocity and Social Networks in a Chinese Village. Stanford : Stanford.
- 2002 “The Resilience of Guanxi and its New Deployments: A Critique of Some New Guanxi Scholarship,” China Quarterly, Vol. 170: 459–476.
- 1994 Gifts Favors & Banquets: The Art of Social Relationships in China. Ithaca : Cornell.
- Biz Journals. “Best Buy's success in China is due to the growing middle class.” http://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/news/2012/06/15/best-buy-five-star-china-middle-class.html.