Role of the Ephemeral in Recovery and Renewal
Version of Record online: 3 MAR 2013
© 2012 by The American Anthropological Association. Some rights reserved.
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2012, Issue 1, pages 117–131, October 2012
How to Cite
ISHIDA, A. (2012), Role of the Ephemeral in Recovery and Renewal. Ethnographic Praxis, 2012: 117–131. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2012.00014.x
- Issue online: 3 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 3 MAR 2013
- 1964 Psychoanalysis of Fire. Translated by Alan C.M. Ross. Boston : Beacon Press.
- 2005 “In the Twilight Zone of the White Cube: Continuity and Innovation in the Sculptural Work of Wolfgang Laib.” In Wolfgang Laib: Ephemeral is Eternal, edited by Delia Ciuha and Raphael Bouvier, 76–87. Ostfildern-Ruit : Hatje Cantz. .
- 2001 “Japan through French Eyes: “The Ephemeral” as a Cultural Production.” In Globalizing Japan: Ethnography of the Japanese presence in Asia, Europe, and America (Nissan Institute/Routledge Japanese Studies), edited by Harumi Befu and Sylvie Guichard-Anguis, 209–221. London ; New York : Routledge.
- 2002 “The Sacred and the Profane in Matsuri Structures” In Matsuri! Japanese Festival Arts, edited by Gloria Gonick, 77–95. Los Angeles : UCLA Fowler Museum of Cultural History.
- 2006 Japan-ness in Architecture. Cambridge : MIT Press.
- 2005 “Outside of Time: Remarks on Forms and Materals in Wolfgang Laib's Art.” In Wolfgang Laib: Ephemeral is Eternal, edited by Delia Ciuha and Raphael Bouvier, 104–107. Ostfildern-Ruit : Hatje Cantz. .
- 1993 From Shinto to Ando: Studies in Architectural Anthropology in Japan. London : Academy Editions.
- 1998 “Cherry Blossoms and Their Viewing: A Window onto Japanese Culture.” In The Culture of Japan as Seen through its Leisure, edited by Sepp Linhart and Sabine Fruhstuck, 213–236. Albany : SUNY Press.
- 2000. Yoko Ono, Tajo: Museo Vostell Malpartida, Ca ceres, 9-VI-15.VII/2000. Ca ceres : Consorcio Museo Vostel Malpartida.
- 1997 “Writing About Emotional Experience as Therapeutic Process.” Psychological Science. Vol. 8, No. 3: 162–166. Direct Link:
- 1993 “A social stage model of collective coping: The Loma Prieta Earthquake and the Persian Gulf War.” Journal of Social Issues 49: 125–145. , and .
- 2000 “Seduction of the Gaze and Life Experience of the Work of Yoko Ono.” In Yes Yoko Ono, edited by Alexandra Munroe, 265–257. New York : Harry N. Abrams.
- 1985 Between Theater and Anthropology. Philadelphia : University of Philadelphia Press.
- 1989  “The Four Elements of Architecture.” In The four elements of architecture and other writings by Gottfried Semper. Translated in 1989 by Harry Francis Mallgrave and Wolfgang Herrmann. London ; New York : Cambridge University Press.
- 1991 Which Paper?: A Guide to Choosing and Using Fine Papers for Artists, Craftspeople and Designers. New York : Design Press.
- 2010. “Yoko Ono: Wish Tree.” http://imaginepeace.com/archives/11686, accessed 18 September, 2012. .
- 2010. “Yoko Ono's ‘wish tree’ draws hopeful crowd to MoMA.” The Examiner, July 7. http://www.examiner.com/article/yoko-ono-s-wish-tree-draws-hopeful-crowd-to-moma-photo-slideshow, accessed 30 July, 2012.
- “Wolfgang Laib.” http://www.skny.com/artists/wolfgang-laib/, accessed 19 September, 2012. .