Opting Out Of Stasis: Using integrated techniques to create sustainable change and renewal in healthcare organizations
Article first published online: 3 MAR 2013
© 2012 by The American Anthropological Association. Some rights reserved.
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2012, Issue 1, pages 177–184, October 2012
How to Cite
MESSERVY, L. and WERNER, B. (2012), Opting Out Of Stasis: Using integrated techniques to create sustainable change and renewal in healthcare organizations. Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings, 2012: 177–184. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2012.00019.x
- Issue published online: 3 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 3 MAR 2013
- 1994 “Ethnography and participant observation.” In NK Denzin and YS Lincoln, (Eds.) Handbook of Qualitative Research. Thousand Oaks , CA : Sage Publication. &
- 2001 Checklists for improving rigour in qualitative research: a case of the tail wagging the dog? British Medical Journal; 322: 7294, 1115–1117.
- 2009 Developing Radical Service Innovations In Healthcare — The Role Of Design Methods. International Journal of Innovation Management; 13(4), 555–568. &
- 2011 Flux: Creating the Conditions for Change. In Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings, Savannah. Berkeley , CA : National Association for the Practice of Anthropology/University of California Press. &
- 2011 Trajectories of Change in Global Enterprise Transformation. In Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings, Savannah. Berkeley , CA : National Association for the Practice of Anthropology/University of California Press.
- Booz & Co. 2004 Ten Guiding Principles of Change Management. Available from: http://www.booz.com/media/file/138137.pdf, accessed 12 July 2012.
- 2007 Understanding qualitative research and its value in healthcare. Nursing Times; 103(8), 32–33.
- 2004 Kurt Lewin and the Planned Approach to Change: A Re-appraisal. Journal of Management Studies, 41: 977–1002.
- 2008 Organizational Fragmentation and Care Quality in the U.S. Health Care System. Journal of Economic Perspectives; 22, 93–113. , , &
- 2004 Evidence based guidelines or collectively constructed “mindlines?” Ethnographic study of knowledge management in primary care. BMJ; 329(7473): 1013. &
- 1995 Ethnography: Principles in Practice. London : Routledge. &
- 2011 Evidence-based practice: An analysis based on the philosophy of science. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology; 62(7); 1301–1310.
- 2010 Turn and face the strange: An ethnographic approach to change management. In Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings, Tokyo, Japan. Berkeley , CA : National Association for the Practice of Anthropology/University of California Press.
- 1996 Leading Change. Boston : Harvard Business School Press.
- National Institute of Clinical Studies. 2006 Identifying barriers to evidence uptake. Available from: http://www.nhmrc.gov.au/nics, accessed 15 July 2012.
- 2010 People-focused innovation in healthcare. How Philips Design supports development of solutions for the ever-changing healthcare landscape. Philips Design. &
- 2005 Committee on Engineering and the Health Care System. Building a Better Delivery System: A New Engineering/Health Care Partnership. Washington , DC : National Academy Press. , , &