Scene and Unscene: Revealing the value of the local music scene in Savannah, Georgia
Article first published online: 3 MAR 2013
© 2012 by The American Anthropological Association. Some rights reserved.
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2012, Issue 1, pages 200–216, October 2012
How to Cite
HEINE, C. M. (2012), Scene and Unscene: Revealing the value of the local music scene in Savannah, Georgia. Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings, 2012: 200–216. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2012.00022.x
- Issue published online: 3 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 3 MAR 2013
- Bennett, Andy, and Richard A. Peterson, eds. 2004 Music Scenes: Local, Translocal, and Virtual. Nashville : Vanderbilt University Press.
- 2005 The Social Structures of the Economy. Cambridge : Polity.
- 2006 “The Forms of Capital.” In Education, Globalisation and Social Change, H. Lauder, P. Brown, J.A. Dillabough, and A. H. Halsey, (eds.) Oxford : Oxford University Press.
- 2002 The Rise of the Creative Class: And How It's Transforming Work, Leisure, Community, and Everyday Life. New York : Basic Books.
- Grenfell, Michael, editor 2008 Pierre Bourdieu: Key Concepts. Durham , UK : Acumen.
- 1961 The Death and Life of Great American Cities. New York : Random House.
- 2003 The Artistic Dividend: The Arts' Hidden Contributions to Regional Development. Minneapolis : Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota. and
- 2008 “Habitus.” In Pierre Bourdieu: Key Concepts, edited by Michael Grenfell, 67–86. Durham , UK : Acumen.
- 2001 Doing Democracy: The MAP Model for Organizing Social Movements. Gabriola Island , BC : New Society Publishers. , , , and
- 2006 Chicago Music City: A Report on the Music Industry in Chicago. Chicago : The Cultural Policy Center at the University of Chicago. , , , , , , , , , and
- 1991 “Systems of Articulation, Logics of Change: Communities and Scenes in Popular Music.” Cultural Studies, Vol. 5, Issue 3. Routledge.
- 2008 “Field.” In Pierre Bourdieu: Key Concepts, edited by Michael Grenfell, 67–86. Durham , UK : Acumen.
- 2008 Music as Social Life: The Politics of Participation. Chicago : The University Of Chicago Press.
- TXP, Inc. 2001 The Role of Music in the Austin Economy. Austin , TX : City of Austin.
- 1938 “Urbanism as a Way of Life.” The American Journal of Sociology, Vol. 44, No. 1. Chicago : The University of Chicago Press.
- “America's Best Music Cities.” Travel and Leisure, 2010. http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/americas-best-music-cities/31, accessed 20 September 2012.
- 2012. “A Better Music Scene Means More Than Just More Clubs.” Savannah Morning News, March 13. http://savannahnow.com/exchange/2012-03-13/better-music-scene-means-more-just-more-clubs#.UE9xGaRYu5M.
- 2012. “What is the Savannah Sound?” Savannah Unplugged Blog, August 16. http://www.billdawers.com/2012/08/16/what-is-the-savannah-sound/.
- 2012. “College Issue: The Connect Playlist.” Connect Savannah, September 11. http://www.connectsavannah.com/news/article/107179/.
- 2012. “An Austin State of Mind: Say Yes.” Savannah Morning News, February 1. http://savannahnow.com/exchange/2012-02-01/austin-state-mind-say-yes#.%20UFvdsaRYu5P.
- 2012. “In Search of a Music Scene.” The Creative Coast Blog, February 22. http://blog.thecreativecoast.org/in-search-of-a-music-scene/2012/02/22.
- 2012. “Best U.S. Cities for Live Music.” Huffington Post, July 19. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/oyster/best-us-cities-for-live-music_b_1665006.html#slide=1211221.
- “Savannah Red” 2012. “What is the Savannah Sound?” Savannah Red Blog, August 8. http://savannahred.blogspot.com/2012/08/what-is-savannah-sound.html.
- 2012. “How Birmingham Became an Indie Rock Destination.” The Atlantic Cities, February 27. http://www.theatlanticcities.com/arts-and-lifestyle/2012/02/how-birmingham-became-indie-rock-destination/1329/.
- 2002. “Naked City: Music Money Matters.” The Austin Chronicle, May 24. http://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2002-05-24/93221/.
- 2010. “Taking the Pulse: Survey on Health Insurance and Musicians.” Future of Music Coalition. May 27. http://futureofmusic.org/article/research/taking-pulse-survey-health-insurance-and-musicians.
- “Top 10 Cities with the Best Music Scenes Outside of Nashville, NYC, and LA.” Livability, 2012. http://livability.com/top-10/top-10-cities-best-music-scenes-outside-nashville-nyc-and-la, accessed 20 September 2012.
- U. S. Census Bureau American Factfinder. http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/index.xhtml, accessed 1 August 2012.