Implementing EMRs: Learnings from a video ethnography
Version of Record online: 3 MAR 2013
© 2012 by The American Anthropological Association. Some rights reserved.
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2012, Issue 1, pages 235–248, October 2012
How to Cite
VINKHUYZEN, E., PLURKOWSKI, L. and DAVID, G. (2012), Implementing EMRs: Learnings from a video ethnography. Ethnographic Praxis, 2012: 235–248. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2012.00025.x
- Issue online: 3 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 3 MAR 2013
- 1972 How to Read a Book. New York : Simon and Schuster. , and
- 2007 Managing integration work in an NHS electronic patient record (EPR) project Health Informatics Journal March 1, 2007 13: 47–56. , , ,
- 2004 Integrated care and the working record. Health Informatics Journal, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 291–302.
- 1995 How do desk-top computers affect the doctor-patient interaction? Family Practice. Mar;12(1), pp. 32–36. , , ,
- 2003. Making a Case in Medical Work: Implications for the Electronic Medical Record. Computer Supported Cooperative Work 12, 3 (July), pp. 241–266. , , , &
- 1996 “Documents and professional practice: ‘Bad’ organizational reasons for ‘good’ clinical records,” Proceedings of ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work, ACM Press, pp. 354–363. , and
- 2003 The electronic patient record in primary care—regression or progression? A cross sectional study, British Medical Journal. 2003 June 28; 326(7404): 1439–1443. , , , , , , , , ,
- Koppel, R., and Gordon, S., (eds.) 2012 First do less harm: Confronting the inconvenient problem of patient safety. Ithaca , NY. , Cornell University Press.
- 2005 Role of computerized physician order entry systems in facilitating medication errors. JAMA 293, pp. 1197–1203. , , , , , ,
- 1992 Tasks-in-interaction: Paper and screen based documentation in collaborative activity. Proceedings of Computer Supported Cooperative Work ‘92, pp. 163–170. , ,
- 2008 The Secret Life of Medical Records: A Study of Medical Records and the People Who Manage Them. EPIC Conference proceedings, pp. 51–63. , and
- 2001 “Electronic medical records: Saving trees, saving lives,” MSJAMA, vol. 285, p. 1764.
- 2002 The Myth of the Paperless Office. Cambridge , MA : MIT press. , and
- 2006 It Ain't Necessarily So: The Electronic Health Record And The Unlikely Prospect Of Reducing Health Care Costs, Health Affairs, 25–4, pp. 1079–85.
- 2003 The practice of medical technology. Sociology of Health & Illness, 25: 97–114. and
- 2003 A cost benefit analysis of electronic medical records in primary care, The American Journal of Medicine, Volume 114, Issue 5, pp. 397–403. , , , , , , , , , ,