Service Infrastructures: A call for ethnography of heterogeneity
Version of Record online: 3 MAR 2013
© 2012 by The American Anthropological Association. Some rights reserved.
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2012, Issue 1, pages 249–261, October 2012
How to Cite
DE PAULA, R. A., CAVALCANTE, V. and PINHANEZ, C. (2012), Service Infrastructures: A call for ethnography of heterogeneity. Ethnographic Praxis, 2012: 249–261. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2012.00026.x
- Issue online: 3 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 3 MAR 2013
- 2009 Numbers Have Qualities Too: Experiences with Ethno-Mining. Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings 2009(1):123–140. , , , and
- 2011 Trajectories of Change in Global Enterprise Transformation. Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings 2011(1).
- 1994 Information Mythology and Infrastructure. In Information Acumen: The Understanding and Use of Knowledge in Modern Business. L. Bud-Frierman, ed. Pp. 231–247. London , UK : Routledge.
- 2010 Toward Information Infrastructure Studies: Ways of Knowing in a Networked Environment International Handbook of Internet Research.97–117. , , and
- 2007 The infrastructure of experience and the experience of infrastructure: Meaning and structure in everyday encounters with space. Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design 34(3):414–430. , and
- 2007 Design guidelines for system administration tools developed through ethnographic field studies. In Proceedings of the 2007 symposium on Computer human interaction for the management of information technology. Pp. 1. Cambridge , Massachusetts : ACM. , and
- 2011 Collaboration in system administration. Commun. ACM 54(1):46–53. , , and
- 1983 Networks of Power: Electrification in Western Society, 1880–1930. Baltimore , MD : Johns Hopkins University Press.
- 2012 Taming Information Technology: Lessons from Studies of System Administrators: Oxford University Press. , , , and
- 2005 Reassembling the Social: An Introduction to Actor-Network-Theory. Oxford , UK : Oxford University Press.
- 1992 Notes on the theory of the actor-network: Ordering, strategy, and heterogeneity. Systemic Practice and Action Research 5(4):379–393.
- 1997 Infrastructure management as cooperative work: implications for systems design. In Proceedings of the international ACM SIGGROUP conference on Supporting group work: the integration challenge. Pp. 91–100. Phoenix , Arizona , United States: ACM.
- 2011a Knowledge and information and needs of system administrators in IT service factories. In Proceedings of the 10th Brazilian Symposium on on Human Factors in Computing Systems and the 5th Latin American Conference on Human-Computer Interaction. Pp. 81–90. Porto de Galinhas , Pernambuco , Brazil : Brazilian Computer Society. , , and
- 2011b Information needs of system administrators in information technology service factories. In Proceedings of the 5th ACM Symposium on Computer Human Interaction for Management of Information Technology. Pp. 1–10. Cambridge , Massachusetts : ACM. , , and
- 1999 The Ethnography of Infrastructure. American Behavioral Scientist 43(3):377–391.
- 2002 Infrastructure and ethnographic practice: Working on the fringes. Scandinavian Journal of Information Systems 14(2):107–122.
- 1994 Steps Towards an Ecology of Infrastructure. Computer Supported Cooperative Work, Chappel Hill , NC , USA , 1994, Pp. 253–264. , and
- 1996 Steps Toward an Ecology of Infrastructure: Design and Access for Large Information Spaces. Information Systems Research 7(1):111–134. , and