Ethnographic findings in the organizational theatre
Article first published online: 11 FEB 2014
© 2013 by The American Anthropological Association. Some rights reserved.
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2013, Issue 1, pages 143–160, September 2013
How to Cite
BUUR, J. and TORGUET, R. (2013), Ethnographic findings in the organizational theatre. Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings, 2013: 143–160. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2013.00013.x
- Issue published online: 11 FEB 2014
- Article first published online: 11 FEB 2014
- 1994 “Representations and requirements: The value of ethnography in system design.” Human-Computer Interaction 9 (3): 151–182.
- 2008 “An ethnographic approach to design.” In The Human-Computer Interaction Handbook: Fundamentals, Evolving Technologies and Emerging Applications. 2nd edition. P. 982. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. and
- 1979) 2000 Theatre of the Oppressed. London: Pluto Press. (
- 2012 “Provotypes for participatory innovation.” Proceedings of the Designing Interactive Systems Conference. Newcastle, UK. and
- 1994 “Computers and communication design: Exploring the rhetoric of HCI.” Interactions 1 (2): 24–35. and
- 1994 “Actors, hairdos & videotape: Informance design.” In CHI ‘94: Conference Companion on Human Factors in Computing Systems. Pp 119–120. Boston, MA. , , , and
- 2008 “Directors of the future.” Panel report. In Proceedings of the Ethnographic Praxis in Industry (EPIC). Copenhagen, Denmark. and
- 2010 “The quality of conversations in participatory innovation.” CoDesign 6 (3): 121–138. and
- 2008 “Participatory innovation.” International Journal of Innovation Management 12 (3): 255–273. and
- 2007 “Ethnography as design provocation.” In Proceedings of the Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference (EPIC). Pp 146–156. Keystone, CO. and
- 2004 The Inmates are Running the Asylum: Why High-Tech Products Drive us Crazy and How to Restore the Sanity. Indianapolis, IN: Pearson Education.
- 2003 “The ‘adequate’ design of ethnographic outputs for practice: Some explorations of the characteristics of design resources.” Personal and Ubiquitous Computing 7 (3–4): 147–158. and ,
- 2002 “Imagining and experiencing in design: The role of performances.” In Proceedings of the Second Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction. Aarhus, Denmark. , , and
- 1998 “Organisational theatre of continuous learning: The application of the Forum Theatre technique to continuous improvement.” In Proceedings of 2nd EuroCINet Conference. Enschede, The Netherlands.
- 1981 Impro: Improvisation and the Theatre. London: Eyre Methuen.
- 2006 “Experience models: Where ethnography and design meet.” In Proceedings of the Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference (EPIC). Pp 82–93. Portland, Oregon.
- 2006 “Risk and ‘acting’ into the unknown.” In Experiencing Risk, Spontaneity and Improvisation in Organizational Change: Working Live. P. Shaw and R. Stacey, eds. Pp 46–72. Milton Park: Routledge.
- 2005 “Theatre, improvisation and social change.” In Experiencing Risk, Spontaneity and Improvisation in Organizational Change. P. Shaw and R. Stacey, eds. Pp 19–43. Milton Park: Routledge &
- 1934 Mind, Self and Society from the Standpoint of a Social Behaviourist. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press.
- 2006 “Dissonances, awareness, and aesthetization: Theatre in a home care organization.” In Aesthetic Leadership: Managing Fields of Flow in Art and Business. S.-E. Sjøstrand, C. Gustafsson, and P. P. Guillet de Monthoux, eds. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
- 2006 “The emerging roles of performance within HCI and interaction design.” Interacting with Computers 18 (5): 942–955. , , , , and
- 2004 “The politics of performance in organizational theatre-based training and interventions.” Organization Studies 25 (5): 817–839. , , and
- 1995 Lectures on Conversation. Chichester: John Wiley & Sons.
- 1999 Methods and tools: Playacting and focus troupes. Interactions 6 (5): 35–41. ,
- 2001 “Organizational theatre and organizational change.” In Proceedings of 60th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management. Washington DC.
- 2004. “Putting the users center stage: Role playing and low-fi prototyping enable end users to design mobile systems.” In Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. Vienna, Austria. and
- 2007. Designing with Video: Focusing the User-Centred Design Process. Springer. and