“Out of the Labs”: The role for ethnography in guiding clinical trials
Version of Record online: 11 FEB 2014
© 2013 by The American Anthropological Association. Some rights reserved.
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2013, Issue 1, pages 161–170, September 2013
How to Cite
GARGEYA, Y. and HOLME, M. (2013), “Out of the Labs”: The role for ethnography in guiding clinical trials. Ethnographic Praxis, 2013: 161–170. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2013.00014.x
- Issue online: 11 FEB 2014
- Version of Record online: 11 FEB 2014
- 2007 “Changing Diabetes for good.” In Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference 2007 Proceedings. Pp 91–103.
- 1990 Gender Trouble: Feminism and the Subversion of Identity. New York: Routledge.
- 1998 No Aging in India: Alzheimer's, The Bad Family, and Other Modern Things. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- 1959 Presentation of Self in Everyday Life. Anchor Books.
- 2011 Beyond the Shadow of a Drought: The need for a new mindset in pharma R&D. Oliver Wyman. , , and
- 2012 “Big Pharma's Uncertain Future.” Strategy + Business 66. , and
- 1995 Encounters with Aging: Mythologies of Menopause in Japan and North America. University of California Press.
- 2009 When Experiments Travel: Clinical trials and the Global Search for Human Subjects. Princeton University Press.
- 2005 “Situating Stress: Lessons from Lay Discourses on Diabetes.” Medical Anthropology Quarterly 19 (2): 171–193. , , and
- Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development. Accessed 7 August 2013. http://csdd.tufts.edu/index.php.
- European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associates (EFPIA). Accessed 7 August 2013. http://www.efpia.eu/documents/32/70/Clinical-Trials.