Techno|theory deathmatch: An agonistic experiment in Theory and Practice
Article first published online: 11 FEB 2014
© 2013 by The American Anthropological Association. Some rights reserved.
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2013, Issue 1, pages 216–231, September 2013
How to Cite
DAUTCHER, J., GRIFFIN, M., ROMAIN, T. and LIMB, E. (2013), Techno|theory deathmatch: An agonistic experiment in Theory and Practice. Ethnographic Praxis, 2013: 216–231. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2013.00019.x
- Issue published online: 11 FEB 2014
- Article first published online: 11 FEB 2014
- 2005 “To the End of Theory-Practice ‘Apartheid’: Encountering the World.” In EPIC 2005 Proceedings. Pp 175–186.
- 2011 Designing Culture: The Technological Imagination at Work. Durham, NC: Duke University Press.
- 2010 “Feral Technologies: An ethnographic account of the future.” Presentation delivered at PARC, Palo Alto CA, 3 June 2010.
- 2010 “Practice at the Crossroads: When practice meets theory, a rumination.” In EPIC 2010 Proceedings. Pp 46–58.
- 2012 “Badges, Branding and Business Growth: The ROI of an ethnographic praxis professional certification.” In EPIC 2012 Proceedings. Pp 238–252.
- 2006 “Virtual Worlds and Social Interaction Design.” PhD. diss., Umeå University Department of Informatics, Umeå, Sweden.
- 2012 Future Perfect: The Case for Progress in a Networked Age. New York: Riverhead Books.
- 2011 What Technology Wants. New York: Viking.
- 2013 An Inquiry into Modes of Existence: An Anthropology of the Moderns. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- 2007 “Not Lost in Translation: Maximizing Impact in Marketing Ethnography through Bivocality.” In EPIC 2007 Proceedings. Pp 288–301. and
- 1994 Flexible Bodies: Tracking Immunity in American Culture from the Days of Polio to the Age of AIDS. Boston, MA: Beacon Press.
- 2013 To Save Everything, Click Here: The Folly of Technological Solutionism. New York: Public Affairs.
- 2007 “The Cackle of Communities and the Managed Muteness of Market.” In EPIC 2007 Proceedings. Pp 16–30.
- 2013 You Must Change Your Life: On Anthropotechnics. Cambridge: Polity Press.
- 2012 “Renewing Our Practice: Preparing the next generation of practitioners.” In EPIC 2012 Proceedings. Pp 271–285. and
- 2006 Human-Machine Reconfigurations: Plans and Situated Actions. 2nd edition. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- 2011 Alone Together: Why We Expect More From Technology and Less From Each Other. New York: Basic Books.