Ethnography and the “Age Wave”: Knowledge capture for succession planning
Article first published online: 11 FEB 2014
© 2013 by The American Anthropological Association. Some rights reserved.
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2013, Issue 1, pages 300–311, September 2013
How to Cite
GENTRY, K. M. (2013), Ethnography and the “Age Wave”: Knowledge capture for succession planning. Ethnographic Praxis, 2013: 300–311. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2013.00025.x
- Issue published online: 11 FEB 2014
- Article first published online: 11 FEB 2014
- 1999 “Knowledge Management Systems: Issues, Challenges, and Benefits.” Cmmunications of the Association for Information Systems 1 (7): 1–37. and
- 2002 Continuity Management: Preserving Corporate Knowledge and Productivity when Employees Leave. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons. , , and
- 2000 “Knowledge: From Theory to Practice to Golden Opportunity.” American Society for Training & Development Sept-Oct:12–13.
- 2000b “The Knowledge Management Challenge: New Roles and Responsibilities for Chief Knowledge Officers and Chief Learning Officers.” In Leading Knowledge Management and Learning. J.J Phillips and D. Bonner, eds. pp. 12–13. Alexandria, VA: American Society for Training & Development.
- 2004 Lost Knowledge: Confronting the Threat of an Aging Workforce. New York: Oxford University Press.
- 1990 Age Wave: How the Most Important Trend of Our Time Will Change Your Future. Bantam Books: New York. and
- 2000 The Knowledge Enterprise: Implementation of Intelligent Business Strategies. London: Imperial College Press. , , and
- 2013 “The Value of Rapid Ethnography.” In Advancing Ethnography in Corporate Environments: Challenges and Emerging Opportunities. Brigitte Jordan, ed. Pp 92–107. Walnut Creek, CA: Left Coast Press.
- 2004 Ethnographic-Based Approaches to Knowledge Capture. Paper presented at IAMOT 2004, Washington, DC. , , and
- 2000 “Knowledge Management: The Intellectual Revolution.” IIE Solutions 32 (10): 34–37.
- 2012 “Opting Out of Stasis: Using Integrated Techniques to Create Sustainable Change and Renewal in Healthcare Organizations.” In EPIC 2012 Proceedings. pp. 177–184. American Anthropological Association. and
- 2011 “Knowledge Management Practices on Large-Scale Construction Projects in an Australian Company: An Ethnographic Study.” Journal of Knowledge Management Practice 12 (4).
- 2010 “Managing Knowledge in Platforms: Boundary Objects and Stocks and Flows of Knowledge.” Construction Management and Economics 28: 589–599. and
- 1999 “Making Knowledge Stick.” Management Review 88 (5): 24–29.