Serendipity and business development – Design anthropological investigations at The Post
Article first published online: 11 FEB 2014
© 2013 by The American Anthropological Association. Some rights reserved.
Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings
Volume 2013, Issue 1, pages 363–374, September 2013
How to Cite
Kjaersgaard, M. G. (2013), Serendipity and business development – Design anthropological investigations at The Post. Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference Proceedings, 2013: 363–374. doi: 10.1111/j.1559-8918.2013.00030.x
- Issue published online: 11 FEB 2014
- Article first published online: 11 FEB 2014
- 1994 “Representations and Requirements: The Value of Ethnography in System Design.” Human-Computer Interaction 9 (3): 151–182.
- 2000 “The ethnographic tradition and design.” Design Studies 21 (4): 319–332.
- 2007 “Responsibilities and Implications: Further Thoughts on Ethnography and Design.” Proceedings of DUX07: 2–16.
- 2006 “Implications for Design.” In Proceedings of the SIGCHI conference on Human Factors in computing systems: 541–550.
- 2008 “Design Anthropology: Borderline Experiments with Participation, Performance and Situated Intervention.” PhD Diss., IT University Copenhagen.
- 2012 Serendipity in Anthropological Research – The Normadic Turn. Ashgate and
- 2007 “Thinking through things.” Introduction. In Thinking Through Things: Theorising artefacts ethnographically. A. Henare, M. Holbraad and S. Wastell, eds. pp. 1–31. London & New York: Routledge. , , and
- 2007 “Creativity and Cultural Improvisation: An Introduction.” In Creativity and Cultural Improvisation. E. Hallam, and T. Ingold, eds. pp. 1–25. ASA Monographs 44. and
- 2007 Introduction. In: Creativity and Cultural Improvisation. E. Hallam and T. Ingold, eds. pp. 45–55. ASA Monographs 44.
- 2012a “The Perception of the User–Producer.” Introduction. In Design and Anthropology. W. Gunn and J. Donovan, eds. pp. 19–33. Surrey, England: Ashgate.
- 2012b “Towards an ecology of materials.” Annual Review of Anthropology 41: 427–442.
- 2011 “Between the Actual and the Potential: The challenges of design anthropology.” Ph.D. Diss., Faculty of Arts, Aarhus University: Department of Culture and Society.
- 2012 “Anthropological fieldwork and designing potentials.” In Design and Anthropology. W. Gunn and J. Donovan, eds. pp. 177–191. Surrey, England: Ashgate. , and
- 2013 “Transforming knowledge and design concepts.” In Design Anthropology: Between theory and practice. T. Otto, R. C. Smith and W. Gunn, eds. Oxford & New York: Berg.
- 2013 “Design Anthropology: a Distinct Style of Knowing.” In Design Anthropology: Between theory and practice. T. Otto, R. C. Smith and W. Gunn, eds. Oxford & New York: Berg. , and
- 2000 “Serendipity: Reflections on Fieldwork in China, in Anthropologists.” In A Wider World. P. Dresch et al., eds. Pp 129–150. New York & London: Berghan Books.
- 2008 Designs for an Anthropology of the Contemporary. Durham: Duke University Press. et al.
- 1989 “Institutional Ecology, ‘Translations’ and Boundary Objects: Amateurs and Professionals in Berkley's Museum of Vertebrate Zoology, 1907-39.” Social Studies of Science 19 (3): 387–420. , and
- 2007 Human-Machine Reconfigurations: Plans and Situated Actions. Cambridge University Press.