Department of Sociology, University of Maryland, 2112 Art-Sociology Building, College Park, Maryland 20742; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time, Work, and Family Life: Reconceptualizing Gendered Time Patterns Through the Case of Children’s Organized Activities1
Version of Record online: 21 JUL 2008
© 2008 Eastern Sociological Society
Volume 23, Issue 3, pages 419–454, September 2008
How to Cite
Lareau, A. and Weininger, E. B. (2008), Time, Work, and Family Life: Reconceptualizing Gendered Time Patterns Through the Case of Children’s Organized Activities. Sociological Forum, 23: 419–454. doi: 10.1111/j.1573-7861.2008.00085.x
The first author gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Spencer Foundation as well as the Grant-in-Aid Program and the Department of Sociology at Temple University and University of Maryland. The authors extend their thanks to Sandra Hofferth and Miriam Linver for providing assistance with the Child Development Supplement. The authors are very grateful to Suzanne Bianchi for her careful thoughts as well as to Aleia Clark, Robin Leidner, Demi Kurz, Marianne Cooper, Shanyang Zhao, Kim Goyette, Sandra Hofferth, Jerry Jacobs, Sara Raley, Julie Ford, Robert Max Jackson, Melissa Milkie, and the anonymous reviewers for helpful comments on earlier drafts. Nikki Johnson and Sasha Sisser helped prepare the article. A much earlier version of this article was presented at the 2002 meeting of the American Sociological Association. All errors are, of course, the authors’ own.
- Issue online: 21 JUL 2008
- Version of Record online: 21 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!