School of Education, 485 Lasuen Mall, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305; e-mail: email@example.com.
Global Human Rights and State Sovereignty: State Ratification of International Human Rights Treaties, 1965–20011
Version of Record online: 3 NOV 2008
© 2008 Eastern Sociological Society
Volume 23, Issue 4, pages 724–754, December 2008
How to Cite
Wotipka, C. M. and Tsutsui, K. (2008), Global Human Rights and State Sovereignty: State Ratification of International Human Rights Treaties, 1965–2001. Sociological Forum, 23: 724–754. doi: 10.1111/j.1573-7861.2008.00092.x
The authors contributed equally to this research and their names appear in random order. An earlier version of this article was presented at the 96th Annual Meeting of the American Sociological Association in 2001. The authors thank John W. Meyer, Francisco O. Ramirez, David John Frank, Mark Granovetter, Emilie Hafner-Burton, Doug McAdam, Beth Simmons, Jackie Smith, and participants of the Stanford Comparative Workshop for their comments on previous drafts of the article. For assistance with data analysis, the authors are grateful to Jeong-Woo Koo. They acknowledge financial support from the National Science Foundation (NSF/SES-0214168.2002), the Bechtel Initiative on Global Growth and Change, and the Center on Democracy, Development and the Rule of Law of the Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies at Stanford University (Francisco O. Ramirez and John W. Meyer, PIs).
- Issue online: 3 NOV 2008
- Version of Record online: 3 NOV 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!