Department of Sociology and Anthropology, Manhattanville College, Dammann Hall, 2900 Purchase Street, Purchase, New York 10577; e-mail: email@example.com.
Shifting Symbolic Boundaries: Cultural Strategies of the Animal Rights Movement1
Version of Record online: 2 AUG 2010
© 2010 Eastern Sociological Society
Volume 25, Issue 3, pages 450–475, September 2010
How to Cite
Cherry, E. (2010), Shifting Symbolic Boundaries: Cultural Strategies of the Animal Rights Movement. Sociological Forum, 25: 450–475. doi: 10.1111/j.1573-7861.2010.01191.x
I thank Jim Dowd, Heather Macpherson Parrott, Patricia Richards, David Smilde, J. Patrick Williams, and participants of the Georgia Workshop on Culture, Power, and History for their comments on earlier drafts of this article. I also thank Karen Cerulo and three anonymous reviewers for their helpful suggestions. Previous versions of this article were presented at the 2008 Annual Meetings of the American Sociological Association and the Society for the Study of Social Problems. Research for this article was supported by a Chateaubriand Fellowship from the French Embassy of the United States, a summer fellowship with the Animals and Society Institute, and a Dissertation Completion Award and a Dean’s Award from the University of Georgia.
- Issue online: 2 AUG 2010
- Version of Record online: 2 AUG 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!