Department of Sociology and the Institute for Health, Health Care Policy, and Aging Research, Rutgers University, 54 Joyce Kilmer Avenue, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, and Robert Wood Johnson Health & Society Scholars Program, Columbia University, 722 West 168th Street, New York, New York 10032.
The Race and Class Privilege of Motherhood: TheNew York Times Presentations of Pregnant Drug-Using Women1
Article first published online: 2 AUG 2010
© 2010 Eastern Sociological Society
Volume 25, Issue 3, pages 476–499, September 2010
How to Cite
Springer, K. W. (2010), The Race and Class Privilege of Motherhood: TheNew York Times Presentations of Pregnant Drug-Using Women. Sociological Forum, 25: 476–499. doi: 10.1111/j.1573-7861.2010.01192.x
I thank Myra Marx Ferree for urging me to continue this project, for her steadfast guidance, and for her insightful comments. I thank Chioun Lee, Brian Emerson McCormick, Jane Miller, and Dawne Mouzon, for their research assistance and advice. I also thank the Robert Wood Johnson Health & Society Scholars Program for financial support. Finally, I thank Karen Cerulo and the two anonymous reviewers for their insightful comments and constructive feedback.
- Issue published online: 2 AUG 2010
- Article first published online: 2 AUG 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!