Department of Sociology, Princeton University, 106 Wallace Hall, Princeton, New Jersey 08544; e-mail: email@example.com.
The Symbolic Dilemmas of Suburban Poverty: Challenges and Opportunities Posed by Variations in the Contours of Suburban Poverty1
Article first published online: 2 AUG 2010
© 2010 Eastern Sociological Society
Volume 25, Issue 3, pages 541–569, September 2010
How to Cite
Murphy, A. K. (2010), The Symbolic Dilemmas of Suburban Poverty: Challenges and Opportunities Posed by Variations in the Contours of Suburban Poverty. Sociological Forum, 25: 541–569. doi: 10.1111/j.1573-7861.2010.01195.x
Thank you to John R. Logan, the editor of Sociological Forum, and my two anonymous reviewers for their thoughtful comments and critiques. Thank you to Katherine Newman and Sara McLanahan for their guidance, advice, and extensive feedback. This article benefited greatly from comments and critiques made by students in the Princeton University Joint Degree Program in Social Policy. Thank you also to Carol Ann MacGregor, Danny Schneider, Rebecca Casciano, and Trevor Gardner for reading earlier drafts of the article, and to Aaron Chiu, Steven Brown, Kivan Polimis, and Hamil Pearsall for their research assistance. Finally, thank you to the National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship, Princeton University, and the Hauser Center for Nonprofit Organizations for their support.
- Issue published online: 2 AUG 2010
- Article first published online: 2 AUG 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!