Division of Sociology and Anthropology, West Virginia University, 307 Knapp Hall, P.O. Box 6326, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506-6326; e-mail: email@example.com.
Suicide as Social Control1
Article first published online: 6 FEB 2012
© 2012 Eastern Sociological Society
Volume 27, Issue 1, pages 207–227, March 2012
How to Cite
Manning, J. (2012), Suicide as Social Control. Sociological Forum, 27: 207–227. doi: 10.1111/j.1573-7861.2011.01308.x
A previous version of this article was presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Sociological Association, Las Vegas, Nevada, August 20–23. The article also received the 2010–2011 Bierstedt Prize given by the Sociology Department at the University of Virginia. I thank Donald Black, Rae Lesser Blumberg, Mark Cooney, Elizabeth Nalepa, James Tucker, and the anonymous reviewers for comments on earlier drafts.
- Issue published online: 6 FEB 2012
- Article first published online: 6 FEB 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!