Department of Sociology, Indiana University Ballantine Hall 744, 1020 East Kirkwood Avenue, Bloomington, Indiana 47405; e-mail: email@example.com.
From the Freak Show to the Living Room: Cultural Representations of Dwarfism and Obesity1
Article first published online: 26 AUG 2012
© 2012 Eastern Sociological Society
Volume 27, Issue 3, pages 682–707, September 2012
How to Cite
Backstrom, L. (2012), From the Freak Show to the Living Room: Cultural Representations of Dwarfism and Obesity. Sociological Forum, 27: 682–707. doi: 10.1111/j.1573-7861.2012.01341.x
The author thanks William Corsaro, Brian Powell, Lisa Warner, and Martin Weinberg, as well as three anonymous reviewers, for their helpful comments on earlier versions of this article.
- Issue published online: 26 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 26 AUG 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!