Primary funding support for this study was provided by the Department for International Development (DFID) to support the Uganda Agriculture Sector Expenditure Review as part of the DFID/World Bank Collaborative Programme of Rural Development and Sustainable Livelihoods. Funding for surveys and fieldwork was provided by the NAADS Secretariat. Additional funding support for data analysis and write-up was provided through the Strategic Analysis and Knowledge Support System, which is funded by the United States Agency for International Development, the European Union, the Canadian International Development Agency, and the World Bank. The authors wish to thank all the farmers who set aside part of their time to participate in the surveys and provided invaluable information for the analyses leading to this paper.
Returns to spending on agricultural extension: the case of the National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS) program of Uganda†
Article first published online: 19 OCT 2010
© 2010 International Association of Agricultural Economists
Volume 42, Issue 2, pages 249–267, March 2011
How to Cite
Benin, S., Nkonya, E., Okecho, G., Randriamamonjy, J., Kato, E., Lubade, G. and Kyotalimye, M. (2011), Returns to spending on agricultural extension: the case of the National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS) program of Uganda. Agricultural Economics, 42: 249–267. doi: 10.1111/j.1574-0862.2010.00512.x
- Issue published online: 16 FEB 2011
- Article first published online: 19 OCT 2010
- Received 10 February 2009; received in revised form 14 December 2009; accepted 6 April 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!