Publication nr. 2183 Centre for Terrestrial Ecology, Netherlands Institute of Ecology.
The influence of Glyceria maxima and nitrate input on the composition and nitrate metabolism of the dissimilatory nitrate-reducing bacterial community
Version of Record online: 17 JAN 2006
FEMS Microbiology Ecology
Volume 22, Issue 1, pages 57–63, January 1997
How to Cite
Nijburg, J. W. and Laanbroek, H. J. (1997), The influence of Glyceria maxima and nitrate input on the composition and nitrate metabolism of the dissimilatory nitrate-reducing bacterial community. FEMS Microbiology Ecology, 22: 57–63. doi: 10.1111/j.1574-6941.1997.tb00356.x
- Issue online: 17 JAN 2006
- Version of Record online: 17 JAN 2006
- Received 27 February 1996, Revised 3 October 1996, Accepted 10 October 1996
- 3Woldendorp, J.W. (1963) Ph.D Thesis. University of Wageningen, Wageningen.
- 4Tiedje, J.M. (1988) Ecology of denitrification and dissimilatory nitrate reduction to ammonium. In: Biology of Anaerobic Microorganisms (Zehnder, A.J.B., Ed.), pp. 179–244. Wilder, New York.
- 6Dunn, G.M., Wardell, J.N., Herbert, R.A. and Brown, C.M. (1980) Enrichment, enumeration and characterization of nitrate-reducing bacteria present in sediments of the River Tay Estuary. Proc. R. Soc. Edinburgh 78B, 47–56.
- 8Quevedo, M. and Muxi, L. (1995) Microorganisms involved in dissimilatory nitrate reduction isolated from an anaerobic sludge. 8th Symposium on Microbial Ecology, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- 10Armstrong, W., Armstrong, J. and Beckett, P.M. (1990) Measurement and modelling of oxygen release from roots of Phragmites australis. In: Use of Constructed Wetlands in Water Pollution Control (Cooper, P.F. and Findlater, B.C., Eds.). Adv. Water Poll. Control 11, 41–52.
- 13Both, G.J. (1990) Ph.D. Thesis. University of Groningen, Groningen.
- 18Collins, S.C.H. and Lyne, P.M. (1964) In: Microbial Methods, pp. 149–173. Butterworth and Co., London and University Park Press, Baltimore, MD.