Biased 16S rDNA PCR amplification caused by interference from DNA flanking the template region
Version of Record online: 17 JAN 2006
FEMS Microbiology Ecology
Volume 26, Issue 2, pages 141–149, June 1998
How to Cite
Hansen, M. C., Tolker-Nielsen, T., Givskov, M. and Molin, S. (1998), Biased 16S rDNA PCR amplification caused by interference from DNA flanking the template region. FEMS Microbiology Ecology, 26: 141–149. doi: 10.1111/j.1574-6941.1998.tb00500.x
- Issue online: 17 JAN 2006
- Version of Record online: 17 JAN 2006
- Received 10 November 1997, Revised 17 February 1998, Accepted 17 March 1998
- 51994) Estimation of diversity and community structure through restriction fragment length polymorphism distribution analysis of bacterial 16S rRNA genes from a microbial mat at an active, hydrothermal vent system, Loihi Seamount, Hawaii. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 60, 871–879., Dobbs, F.C. and Karl, D.M. (
- 12Grimberg, J., Maguire, S. and Belluscio, L. (1989) A simple method for the preparation of plasmid and chromosomal E. coli DNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 17, 8893.
- 141996) Distribution of sulfate-reducing bacteria in a stratified fjord (Mariager Fjord, Denmark) as evaluated by most-probable-number counts and denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis of PCR-amplified ribosomal DNA fragments. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 62, 1405–1415., Wawer, C., Muyzer, G. and Ramsing, N.B. (
- 15Don, R.H., Cox, P.T., Wainwright, B.J., Baker, K. and Mattick, J.S. (1991) ‘‘Touchdown’’ PCR to circumvent spurious priming during gene amplification. Nucleic Acids Res. 19, 4008.
- 16Lane, D.J. (1991) 16S/23S rRNA sequencing. In: Nucleic Acid Techniques in Bacterial Systematics (Stackebrandt, E. and Goodfellow, M., Eds.), pp. 115–175. John Wiley and Sons, New York.