Editor: George Mendz
Prevalence of Campylobacter spp. in turkey meat from a slaughterhouse and in turkey meat retail products
Article first published online: 8 JAN 2007
FEMS Immunology & Medical Microbiology
Volume 49, Issue 1, pages 141–145, February 2007
How to Cite
Atanassova, V., Reich, F., Beckmann, L. and Klein, G. (2007), Prevalence of Campylobacter spp. in turkey meat from a slaughterhouse and in turkey meat retail products. FEMS Immunology & Medical Microbiology, 49: 141–145. doi: 10.1111/j.1574-695X.2006.00180.x
- Issue published online: 24 JAN 2007
- Article first published online: 8 JAN 2007
- Received 19 January 2006; revised 4 October 2006; accepted 5 October 2006.First published online January 2007.
- Anon. (2001) Salmonella in retail chicken drops to all time low, but battle with Campylobacter continues. Food Standards Agency http://www.foodstandards.gov.uk/wales/pressrelease/lowsalmonellainchicken.
- 2005) Pulsed-field gel electrophoresis types of Campylobacter spp. in Danish turkeys before and after slaughter. Int J Food Microbiol 101: 6–72. & (
- 1995) Health risks and consequences of Salmonella and Campylobacter jejuni in Raw Poultry. J Food Prot 58: 326–344. & (
- Epidemiologisches Bulletin. Robert Koch Institut 2006 (3), 26.
- 2000) Campylobacter in the food supply. Campylobacter, 2nd ed (NachamkinI & BlaserMJ, eds), pp. 467–481. ASM Press, Washington, DC. (
- 2002) Prevalence and numbers of Salmonella and Campylobacter spp. on raw, whole chickens in relation to sampling methods. Int J Food Microbiol 76: 151–164. , , , , , , & (
- 2003) The incidence of Campylobacter spp. on processed turkey from processing plants in the midwestern United States. J Appl Microbiol 95: 234–241. , , , & (
- 1999) Food related illness and death in the United States. Emerg Infect Dis 5: 607–625. , , , , , , & (
- 2006) The effect of slaughter operations on the contamination of chicken carcasses with thermotolerant Campylobacter. Int J Food Microbiol 108: 226–232. , , & (
- Trends and Sources of Zoonoses, Zoonotic Agents and Antimicrobial Resistance in the European Union in 2004 (2006). European Food Safety Authority.
- 2004) Occurrence of Campylobacter in retail foods in Ireland. Int J Food Microbiol 95: 111–118. , , et al. (
- 2001) Prevalence of Campylobacter spp., Escherichia coli, and Salmonella serovars in retail chicken, turkey, pork, and beef from the Greater Washington, D.C., area. Appl Environ Microbiol 67: 5431–5436. , , , , , , , & (