Enhanced penicillin production by oligosaccharides from batch cultures of Penicillium chrysogenum in stirred-tank reactors
Article first published online: 17 JAN 2006
FEMS Microbiology Letters
Volume 166, Issue 1, pages 165–170, September 1998
How to Cite
Ariyo, B., Tamerler, C., Bucke, C. and Keshavarz, T. (1998), Enhanced penicillin production by oligosaccharides from batch cultures of Penicillium chrysogenum in stirred-tank reactors. FEMS Microbiology Letters, 166: 165–170. doi: 10.1111/j.1574-6968.1998.tb13198.x
- Issue published online: 17 JAN 2006
- Article first published online: 17 JAN 2006
- Received 22 June 1998, Revised 21 July 1998, Accepted 21 July 1998
- 41987) The use of organic and inorganic compounds to increase the accumulation of indole alkaloids in Catharanthus roseus G. Don cell suspension cultures. J. Exp. Bot. 38, 150–156., Smart, N.J., Kurz, W.G.W. and Misawa, M. (
- 7Holden, M.A., Holden, P.R. and Yeoman, M.M. (1988) Elicitation of cell cultures. In: Manipulating Secondary Metabolism in Culture (Robins, R. and Rhodes, M.J.C., Eds.). Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- 101993) Cell wall oligogalacturonides increase cytosolic free calcium in carrot protoplasts. J. Cell Science 104, 365–371., Vancutsem, P. and Trewavas, A.J. (
- 111995) Elicitator induced resistance to tomato plants against fungal pathogens – ultrastructure and cytochemistry of the induced response. Scanning Microsc. 9, 861–880.(
- 14Suzuki, K., Mikami, T., Okawa, Y., Tokoro, A., Suzuki, S. and Suzuki, M. (1986) Antitumour effect of hexa-N-acetychitohexose and chitohexaose. Carbohydr. Res. 151, 403.
- 19Ariyo, T.B. (1995) Studies on the effects of oligosaccharides on penicillin G production in cultures of Penicillium chrysogenum. Ph.D. Thesis, University of Westminster, London.