1Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State University, Milton S. Hershey Medical Centre, Hershey, PA 17033, USA.
Synthesis of six novel N,N-dialkyl derivatives of spermidine and effects on growth of the fungal plant pathogen Pyrenophora avenae
Article first published online: 9 JAN 2006
FEMS Microbiology Letters
Volume 202, Issue 2, pages 221–225, August 2001
How to Cite
Mackintosh, C.A., Slater, L.A., Walters, D.R. and Robins, D.J. (2001), Synthesis of six novel N,N-dialkyl derivatives of spermidine and effects on growth of the fungal plant pathogen Pyrenophora avenae. FEMS Microbiology Letters, 202: 221–225. doi: 10.1111/j.1574-6968.2001.tb10807.x
- Issue published online: 9 JAN 2006
- Article first published online: 9 JAN 2006
- Received 16 May 2001, Revised 28 June 2001, Accepted 1 July 2001
- Ando, T. and Yamanaki, J. (1979) Potassium fluoride on celite, a versatile reagent for C-, N-, O- and S-alkylations. Chem. Lett. 45–46.
- 1985) Biological properties of N4- and N1,N8-spermidine derivatives in cultured L1210 leukemia cells. Cancer Res. 451, 2050–2057., , , (
- Sunkara, P.S., Zwolshen, J.H., Prakash, N.J. and Bowlin, T.J. (1988) Mechanism of antitumour activity of norspermidine, a structural homologue of spermidine. In: Progress in Polyamine Research: Novel Biochemical, Pharmacological, and Clinical Aspects (Zappia, V. and Pegg, A.E., Eds), pp. 707–716. Plenum Press, New York.